Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Error with SWT.MOZILLA browser on Windows
Error with SWT.MOZILLA browser on Windows [message #1722928] Wed, 10 February 2016 10:47
Peter Pinnau is currently offline Peter PinnauFriend
EDIT: I fixed the issue by upgrading to 4.6. integration build. The described problem comes with SWT version 4.527 which is shipped with current stable eclipse mars build.

I have problems embedding org.eclipse.swt.Browser with the SWT.MOZILLA flag on windows. It is an RCP product exported with the "Eclipse product export wizard". My development system is Ubuntu and I have no problems there.

The log reports the following trace:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: Unknown error
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.mozilla.nsISupports.getMethodIndex(nsISupports.java:90)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.mozilla.nsIFile.Create(nsIFile.java:59)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.AppFileLocProvider.<init>(AppFileLocProvider.java:60)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Mozilla.java:704)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:99)
at biz.pinnau.rcp.pdf.pdfjs.PDFJSViewPart.createPartControl(PDFJSViewPart.java:96)

The browser widget is not created.

Version infos:
Eclipse 4.5.1
XulRunner 24.0
Java 1.8.0_40 and also recent 1.8.0_72
Windows: testes with XP, Windows 8 and Windows 10

I did some further testing and finally found a workaround. I implemented a minimal SWT-application that embeds the browser. Pure SWT, no other dependencies.
The mini application works and after started it once also the browser in the Eclipse product works and the error is gone.

I found out that with the first start of my mini app the follwing folder is created:

%APPDATA&\Mozilla\eclipse

When I delete that folder the error comes back again. Unfortunately that folder is not created when starting the product.

The reason seems to be the SWT version:

Mini-App: 4.430
Eclipse 4.5.1 ships SWT 4.527

When using 4.527 in my mini application I get the error and the folder in APPDATA is not created.

Solved with SWT version from 4.6. integration build.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2016 15:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Styling menus and buttons
Next Topic:Plugin Tracing options not picked up by Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 27 09:02:27 GMT 2020