Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [NEON] m5 new UI HTML testing(walking through new Scout HTML)
[NEON] m5 new UI HTML testing [message #1722742] Mon, 08 February 2016 18:38 Go to next message
Santo Mota is currently offline Santo MotaFriend
Hi expert, I trying to test the new scout framework HTML UI.
the only doc I found about it was a helloworld tutorial. Sad
There is a new book or any other documentation about it.

I would like to create a check ticket system using scout to see what I'm able to do with the new framework.
Re: [NEON] m5 new UI HTML testing [message #1722750 is a reply to message #1722742] Mon, 08 February 2016 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

Yes the documentation is still work in progress... and we have not recreated all the documentation we had with the previous version of scout.

For the moment the Documents we have are staged here:
https://tools.bsiag.com/scoutbook/5.2/latest/

* helloworld (already mentioned)
* scout architecture (really big document with a lot of technical details on how the new version works)
* migration to migrate from Scout Mars to Scout Neon

=> All docs are availlable as HTML and PDF.

Those are today, the most interesting documents we have.
If this is not enough for you:
* Wait until the final neon release (next june).
* Help and contribute something (It is an open-source project. I am ready to help you).

If you are familiar with Scout Mars (for example the MiniCRM tutorial, the concepts are really similar and the code almost the same. The philosophy "do not write your GUI code (javascript/html/css), but describe your application at Scout Model level (in Java)" is still the same. Keep also in mind, that we needed to rework our scout tooling for Eclipse from scratch and that we do not have as much as wizards and views as before. This is also a work in progress task).
Re: [NEON] m5 new UI HTML testing [message #1722756 is a reply to message #1722750] Mon, 08 February 2016 21:09 Go to previous message
Santo Mota is currently offline Santo MotaFriend
Wahoo, thats great to hear about it.
I'm going to read the doc you already mentioned, but I would like to see all those feature working fine like our clasic scout OSGI framework ^^
so june it's the official release of the new scout framework... cool, you're doing an excelent work
Previous Topic:[Neon] Client polling
Next Topic:Real-Time data syncronization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:43:47 GMT 2024