Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Updating maven project in eclipse with new maven archetype(Is there an easy way to update an existing project with an maven archetype?)
Updating maven project in eclipse with new maven archetype [message #1722670] Mon, 08 February 2016 08:14
demon wandler is currently offline demon wandlerFriend
Hi there!

I'm not sure, where to put this issue, since I didn't find a maven forum. So I've decided to open the thread here in the eclipse 4-forum. If it isn't appropriate here, feel free to move it.

Currently I'm working with the Eclipse IDE (Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers, Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2)). At the moment I have a maven Remote Catalog, that refers to a repository on a Nexus Repository Manager OSS. In this repository there are several maven archetypes in different versions deployed (0.8, 1.0, 1.1., etc.).

To create a new Maven project I use the eclipse Wizard, check it out via Stash/Git and then run the New Project Wizard ("Maven Project") to add the proper archetype from the Remote Catalog. That works fine so far. If I check out a project twice, each time with a different version of the archetype that is stored online, I get two different versions, where the only differences are the changed files in the newer version. So far so good.

But checking out the project every time when the archetype is changed seems to be too complicated. And therefore I'm asking for a more convenient method to update an existing maven project in eclipse when all I want to update is in fact the archetype (and leave the files coming from the Stash/Git-project as they are).

Does anyone know a relatively smooth way to achieve this?

Kind regards!
Previous Topic:Customize E4 Message when workspace is in use
Next Topic:e4 New Project Wizard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:53:20 GMT 2024