Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Augment existing plugin to generate UML diagrams from custom model
Augment existing plugin to generate UML diagrams from custom model [message #1722132] Tue, 02 February 2016 22:50 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I haven't used EMF, and I'm pretty new to Eclipse plugin development. I recently inherited a somewhat large Eclipse plugin codebase, which is used for viewing and editing files in a custom specification language. The language has an analog with UML, and there is even an existing Python-based tool that is used to generate UML diagrams from models in that specification language.

I'm looking for possible strategies for augmenting my Eclipse plugin to add a feature to generate graphical UML diagrams from what the user views and edits in the plugin, and without using the existing Python tool.

From the little I've read about EMF, it's mostly for going in the "other direction", from UML model specifications to code. However, people in this forum might be aware of other toolsets that might make sense for what I need.
Re: Augment existing plugin to generate UML diagrams from custom model [message #1722136 is a reply to message #1722132] Wed, 03 February 2016 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pavel Vlasov is currently offline Pavel VlasovFriend
You can use plantuml to generate uml diagrams - png or svg.
Re: Augment existing plugin to generate UML diagrams from custom model [message #1722150 is a reply to message #1722136] Wed, 03 February 2016 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This looks good. Do you happen to know exactly what GraphViz is required for? It seems ambiguous. For generating a class diagram, and other image types, it seems like it has no purpose. I asked this in the PlantUML forum, but perhaps someone here might know.
Re: Augment existing plugin to generate UML diagrams from custom model [message #1722242 is a reply to message #1722150] Wed, 03 February 2016 15:19 Go to previous message
Never mind, I got an authoritative response from PlantUML.
Previous Topic:[CDO] Invalid Classifier URI: null
Next Topic:[CDO] Can CDOView#queryInstances limit results by CDOResource?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:28:44 GMT 2024