Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Unable to access project data(Eclipse projects located outside the workspace are inaccessible.)
Unable to access project data [message #1721951] Mon, 01 February 2016 19:58 Go to next message
Jonathan Gossage is currently offline Jonathan GossageFriend
What I am showing used to be a working Mars workspace under Ubuntu 15.10. I have the following directory structure:

Home

Eclipse Workspaces                                                           Git Repositories

Sabia - One workspace                                            Sabia - One repository

Problems                                                                       AppFrame
                                                                                                 AppFrameDoc
                                                                                                 Devenv
                                                                                                 Html
                                                                                                 Logging
                                                                                                 Misc
                                                                                                 SabiaDoc

As you can see, the only project actually in the workspace is Problems; The rest are
completely contained in the Git repository workspace. As you can see from the Resource Perspective screen shot all the projects in the Git Repository are adorned
with a strange icon that I can find no explanation for and do not show any content associated with them. The one project in the Eclipse workspace does have content. As you can see from the Git Perspective screen shot, Egit has no problems with seeing the content in the repository workspace. This structure was working until I did something unknown which resulted in this.

I would like to understand the exact meaning of the strange icon and the conditions under which it is displayed so that I have some chance of figuring out what is wrong and repairing it.

I apologize for the appearance of the diagram. It looks fine in the editor.

Re: Unable to access project data [message #1722138 is a reply to message #1721951] Wed, 03 February 2016 02:20 Go to previous message
Jonathan Gossage is currently offline Jonathan GossageFriend
Additional Information:
The projects all currently show as closed in the Package Explorer View. When I attempt to open the project, I am told that the .project file is missing. This file exists in the [b]Git Repositories/Sabia/AppFrame but not in the same relative location in the Eclipse Workspaces tree. I have tried the following without success:

Copy the .project file to the Eclipse Workspaces.
    Install and use the ProjectLocationUpdater plugin to refresh the project location.

Here is a copy of one of the .project files:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<projectDescription>
	<name>AppFrame</name>
	<comment></comment>
	<projects>
	</projects>
	<buildSpec>
		<buildCommand>
			<name>org.python.pydev.PyDevBuilder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>
	</buildSpec>
	<natures>
		<nature>org.python.pydev.pythonNature</nature>
	</natures>
</projectDescription>

Any suggestions as to how I should proceed in diagnosing and/or repairing this issue?
Previous Topic:Platform extension point reference documentation
Next Topic:can't create "New android project"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:07:11 GMT 2024