|Wanted: Release Engineer [message #1721948]
||Mon, 01 February 2016 19:44
|| Denis Roy
Registered: October 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eclipse Release Engineer|
About the Job
The Eclipse Foundation is looking for a Release Engineer for a full-time opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the release engineering activities for our Common Build Infrastructure, our open source projects and our long-term support initiative, which involves maintaining and advancing a release engineering environment for all participants.
Eclipse is a community for individuals and organizations who wish to collaborate on commercially-friendly open source software. The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects and helps cultivate both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services.
- Maintain and advance a cohesive and (consistent) release engineering environment using both open source and commercial tools.
- Lead Eclipse project teams in identifying, documenting, and implementing release engineering best practices.
- Lead Eclipse project teams in the training, use and support of the Build and Release system.
- Assist the community on the infrastructure we offer (Gerrit, Hudson, Nexus, Sonar...)
- Provide configuration management input and guidance.
- Manage and monitor the continuous integration system, build systems and Maven repositories.
- University degree or technical diploma in an IT-related discipline.
- Specific Tools and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building and releasing Java-based software.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Java-centric build tools (Maven, Ant).
- Expert knowledge and experience with continuous integration tools (Hudson/Jenkins) and plug-ins.
- Good knowledge and experience with the Git SCM.
- Experience with Linux in an administrative capacity.
- Experience building Windows-based software in a headless environment using Visual Studio.
- Proven ability to design and implement a release engineering environment.
- Proficiency using Eclipse-based IDEs.
- Familiarity with Java development practices, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Familiarity with testing/automated testing tools (e.g. JUnit).
- Familiarity with Gerrit, Sonar, Nexus, Tycho, PHP, and OSGi are considered assets.
- Familiarity with Mac OS and building software on the Mac platform are assets.
Ability to prepare complete, concise, and understandable technical documentation.
Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Please send your CV to email@example.com . The ideal candidate would be located preferably in Europe (Germany or France preferred), Canada or the United States.
Eclipse Webmaster -- firstname.lastname@example.org
[Updated on: Mon, 01 February 2016 19:45]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01787 seconds