Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Mars crashing a lot on Mac OS X El Capitan
Mars crashing a lot on Mac OS X El Capitan [message #1721757] Fri, 29 January 2016 21:00 Go to next message
Simone Franzini is currently offline Simone FranziniFriend
I recently updated from Luna to Mars. I am so far very unhappy with Mars. I am a long time Eclipse user on Mac OS X and I never had as many random crashes as I am currently experiencing with Mars.
Crashes do not seem to have a pattern. I am experiencing crashes just while typing code, pushing to Git and all other sorts of activity.
Has anybody else been experiencing this? How can I go about diagnosing and/or fixing the issue?
Before anybody asks, I started with a fresh install while upgrading from Luna, then imported the previously existing plugins. I do not have a lot of plugins. Mostly currently working with Scala / Maven / m2e / Git.
Re: Mars crashing a lot on Mac OS X El Capitan [message #1721759 is a reply to message #1721757] Fri, 29 January 2016 21:13 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend

Mars.2 will be coming out soon (see download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4 and look for the 4.5 Maintenance Builds). You might otherwise want to consider using one of the Neon / 4.6 milestone builds.

Crashes with the JVM should generally produce a log file called hs_err_PID.log where PID is the process id. Examining those files and opening bugs is the best way to get those issues started.

Brian.

Eclipse Platform committer. Ask me about Eclipse support, training, and consulting.
Previous Topic:How does one launch an E4 Application from another?
Next Topic:[Eclipse Mars/Eclipse Neon] Eclipse resetting preferences on startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 21 13:38:28 GMT 2020