Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » [GEF4] Graphical Editor(Tool Development with multiple Canvas, one Palette, different views)
[GEF4] Graphical Editor [message #1721744] Fri, 29 January 2016 16:58 Go to next message
Stefan Leicht is currently offline Stefan LeichtFriend
Hi,

I want to develop a tool in GEF4 from scratch. The problem is I'm completely new to GEF and have not really an Idea how to do that. The last days I spended with playing around with the examples of GEF4.

Where would you recommend to start to learn how to use GEF4 easiest? Maybe with a palette and stuff like that where I can drag elements, put them into a canvas and connect them. Also to double click such an element and a new canvas opens where a can d&d again elements (from the same palette) and the facility to go back to the view before.

Thank you for advice.

Kind regards
Stefan

[Updated on: Sat, 30 January 2016 15:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [GEF4] Graphical Editor [message #1722247 is a reply to message #1721744] Wed, 03 February 2016 15:29 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
As a starting point, the documentation we provide at https://wiki.eclipse.org/GEF/GEF4 should help you to understand the basic concepts and the scope of each component.

In addition, we provide a couple of examples. Despite some undeployed examples (linked from the docs) there are two deployed examples, the GEF4 MVC Logo and Zest Graph example, which employ nearly all that is currently covered by the two basic framework stacks we provide (Common-Geometry-FX-MVC, as well as Graph-Layout-Zest).

We plan to provide a couple of detailed tutorials together with the 1.0.0 release in June. With respect to GEF4 MVC, Frank Benoit, an early adopter, has started some simple tutorial at GitHub as well (https://github.com/frankbenoit/gef4.mvc.tutorial). I am not aware about its current state, but maybe that can give you a start as well.

Previous Topic:[Zest] Is it possible to use the LayoutAlgorithms without using SWT?
Next Topic:automation testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 26 04:46:01 GMT 2018