Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Key binding to move to beginning of line?(How to make a simple key binding to move to column 1?)
Key binding to move to beginning of line? [message #1721494] Wed, 27 January 2016 19:34 Go to next message
Eric Albers is currently offline Eric AlbersFriend
So I'm trying to create a key binding to move the cursor to the start of a line...column 1...anyone know if Eclipse is capable of this?
I know its not really a true 'editor' so we can't expect much in the way of good real editor functions, but you know, moving the cursor to the VERY start of the line would seem to be such a trivial one, and so basic I would think even Eclipse would be able to do this??
Anyone know how?
Thanks!
Re: Key binding to move to beginning of line? [message #1721504 is a reply to message #1721494] Wed, 27 January 2016 20:53 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
On Windows it's the Home key.
On OS X it's Cmd+
(Of course those can be re-assigned in Preferences if you wish).

Those are the keyboard mappings for the command "Line Start" which has two "phases": first it moves the cursor to the first non-whitespace character on the current line; pressed again it will move the cursor to the first column.
Previous Topic:B
Next Topic:Unable to Install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:00:23 GMT 2024