Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Release soon? (rcptt-maven-plugin)
Release soon? (rcptt-maven-plugin) [message #1721110] Sun, 24 January 2016 02:42 Go to next message
Marc-André Laperle is currently offline Marc-André LaperleFriend
Hi,

I have started using rcptt-maven-plugin. When using version 2.0.1, there is a problem with the AUT on Mac (I am assuming this is because of the new .app layout in Eclipse Mars). For this reason, I am using version 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT and it works correctly. The only problem is that there is a new build of this plugin every day which means that our build could become unstable due to a nightly change. Ideally, I would like to use a released version to make our build less vulnerable to nightly instability.

Are there plans to release a new version soon? Is version 2.1.0 planned for June? If so, would you consider having an interim 2.0.2 release? I can cherry-pick fixes and test if that helps the process.

Thank you!

Marc-Andre
Re: Release soon? (rcptt-maven-plugin) [message #1721542 is a reply to message #1721110] Thu, 28 January 2016 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois Le Fevre is currently offline Francois Le FevreFriend
Hello,
at the Papyrus SysML project, we do have exactly the same problem with AUT on official Eclipse Hudson server [1].
it is stupid as we wanted to prove that RCPTT adds a value in the testing framework.
We have delete some nof our tests and now we are going to remove the RCPTT as we can not depend on a snapshot version. We have created a bug at Eclipse commuinity [2] because it is overloaded the Eclipse Hudson server.

It will be definitively great to have a release soon as 2.1.0 or 2.0.2.

We will appreciate your help.

Francois, from France, Eclipse Papyrus team.

==
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx 4 0 2016-01-22 10:10:04.149
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx [105]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=macosx)"
==

[1]: https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/view/Sysml/job/papyrus-sysml-mars/ws/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14.rcptt.tests/target/runner/eclipse/configuration/1453475399734.log
[2]: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=486343
Re: Release soon? (rcptt-maven-plugin) [message #1721602 is a reply to message #1721542] Thu, 28 January 2016 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Francois,

Did you confirm that using the snapshot version does fix your issue? I'm not 100% we are seeing the same bug.
Re: Release soon? (rcptt-maven-plugin) [message #1728067 is a reply to message #1721602] Wed, 30 March 2016 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey Sobolev is currently offline Andrey SobolevFriend
Hi,

Actually rcptt maven plugin itself is very small component, it downloads and executes runner and it is relatively big one.

We have a runner release 2.1.0-M4 so you could use it from your pom.xml

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.eclipse.rcptt</groupId>
      <artifactId>rcptt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>2.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <extensions>true</extensions>
      <configuration>
        <aut>...
          </aut>
        <testOptions>
          <execTimeout>10800</execTimeout>
        </testOptions>
        <runner>
          <version>2.1.0-M4</version>
        </runner>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

Best regards,
Andrey.
Re: Release soon? (rcptt-maven-plugin) [message #1728845 is a reply to message #1728067] Thu, 07 April 2016 19:48 Go to previous message
Thanks! Are you planning on keeping to milestones releases for a while? Ideally, our tests should still be able to run (being able to download the runner) when we come back to old commits. I'm thinking of using 2.1.0-M7_rc1 for the Neon compatibility.
Previous Topic:use "if" to do an action failed
Next Topic:Test an environment variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:29:13 GMT 2024