Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Creating an Editor for a single Attribute
Creating an Editor for a single Attribute [message #1721031] Fri, 22 January 2016 17:43 Go to next message
Samuel Leisering is currently offline Samuel LeiseringFriend
Hi,

So far i created Editors for my EMF-Models by extending their respective generated Editors.
This has the andvantages of loading the file, providing me with an EditingDomain, etc.

Suppose I have a functioning Standalone, non-EMF Editor that is capable of editing some specific file-type (for instance, XML.) This includes Syntax highlighting, autocomplete, etc.

In my EMF model there is a class that has some general Attributes, and one Attribute that is designed to contain XML-Content, and I want to create an Editor for this class type.

I created an MultiPage Editor, where first page is a simple Form for the general Attributes.

Can i include the existing XML-Editor as a page in my Editor *and* provide it with the single attribute of my object as the input? Or do i have to reimplement the editor (and all functionality provided by TextEditor, which it extends) to work with a single EMF-attribute?

Thanks,
Samuel
Re: Creating an Editor for a single Attribute [message #1721034 is a reply to message #1721031] Fri, 22 January 2016 18:41 Go to previous message
Pavel Vlasov is currently offline Pavel VlasovFriend
It can be done. I have a model with attributes which hold html and javascript. These attributes have wysiwyg and syntax highlighting editors. The code is on github - nasdanika org, amur repository.
Previous Topic:[Teneo] Enable Full Use API of EntityManager
Next Topic:Refreshing elements from a table using generated ItemProviders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:38:53 GMT 2024