Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Scroll-bars and textarea problems([EMF Forms] Scroll-bars and textarea problems)
[EMF Forms] Scroll-bars and textarea problems [message #1720583] Tue, 19 January 2016 13:51 Go to next message
Teohari Simona is currently offline Teohari SimonaFriend
Hi guys,

I work with ECP SDK 1.7.2.
I want to describe various problems that appear in EMF forms.
Maybe you can help with these problems.

- I created a view model which includes multiple collapsible groups. There is a lot of information within them. The problem is if the groups are collapsed, then a vertical scroll-bar will not appear, hence it will not let me see the whole information. (but if the groups are not collapsed, then the vertical scroll will appear). See first and second attached pictures.

- I created another view model to show two fields "name" and "value" in an Horizontal layout -> "value" attribute has property multi-line=true in genmodel. However, the textarea is very long (it includes all info in one row) and it generates an horizontal scrollbar. How can I make the textarea shorter?
See third picture.

- Last problems is related to some fields that are not visible to the user. See attached picture 4. In the second collapsible group "Event based constraint", there is a combo-box beside "event offset" that actually contains some options. In the last row of this image there is actually an element present between the "Minimum distance" and the next textfield. If I drag at maximum the separator between the tree view and the EMF form it will show these fields. See image number 5.

Are these known problems?

Thank you very much,
S.
  • Attachment: Capture1.PNG
    (Size: 20.77KB, Downloaded 181 times)
  • Attachment: Capture2.PNG
    (Size: 35.54KB, Downloaded 192 times)
  • Attachment: Capture3.PNG
    (Size: 16.02KB, Downloaded 187 times)
  • Attachment: Capture4.PNG
    (Size: 37.23KB, Downloaded 196 times)
  • Attachment: Capture5.PNG
    (Size: 39.92KB, Downloaded 166 times)
Re: [EMF Forms] Scroll-bars and textarea problems [message #1720813 is a reply to message #1720583] Thu, 21 January 2016 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Simona,
- collapsible groups: the problem here is, that the groups have to trigger a relayout of their parents in order to work correctly. We have fixed a bug for this : 482115 . Try the 1.8.0 RC1, it should fix the issue.
- long text field: this looks strange, can you set a breakpoint in org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.spi.core.swt.renderer.TextControlSWTRenderer.getTextWidgetStyle() and check that the multiline style is used?
- invisible controls: who contributes this controls? if you have them under your control can you try to give them a fixed width? I think there is an layout issue on your composite try to set layoutdata and the layout differently.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] Scroll-bars and textarea problems [message #1721250 is a reply to message #1720813] Tue, 26 January 2016 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teohari Simona is currently offline Teohari SimonaFriend
Hi Eugen,

Thank you for your answer, sorry for the delay.

Regarding the long text field, I had added a breakpoint and this code:

if (editSupport.isMultiLine(getVElement().getDomainModelReference(), getViewModelContext().getDomainModel())) -> returns TRUE, so the multi-line is used.

But the thing is that this long textfield has at the end of it up and down arrows and if I write a lot of text I can press on the arrows. More to that, if I deset the value -> "No text set! Click to set text", I close the view, I reopen the view (it is still a textfield but its a lot shorter), I write a lot of text and then I move in any direction (left or right) the separator between the tree view and the EMF Forms, the text area appears with multi line.

But then, if I open again the view, the textarea is there but is long again. It is depending on the text somehow. If I write a lot of \n (enter) in the text, I save and renter into the view, the field is a lot shorter.

In the same ECP application I have another text-area and that one works perfectly, making this word wrap available, even if I do not insert \n (enter).

Regarding the invisible controls, I do not have a custom control, so I cannot set the width for the fields. I work with horizontal layouts. See attached files. (DistanceConstraintView.png and DistanceConstraintView.txt). Is there something I can change, to make the fields visible?

Thank you,
S.
Re: [EMF Forms] Scroll-bars and textarea problems [message #1721264 is a reply to message #1721250] Tue, 26 January 2016 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Simona,
both cases sound like bugs.
I will try to reproduce this behavior and if I can, I will open bug reports and link them here.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Re: [EMF Forms] Scroll-bars and textarea problems [message #1721277 is a reply to message #1721264] Tue, 26 January 2016 09:31 Go to previous message
Hi Simona,
this is the bug for the text field: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=486533
and this is the one for the collapsible group: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=486534

For the collapsible group you could use the pgroup renderer it doesn't have this kind of bug.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Previous Topic:[Edapt] Can I use Edapt to migrate view models?
Next Topic:[EMFStore] Network and embedded client access to the same server workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:57:32 GMT 2024