Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Preview in "Syntax Coloring" preference page
Preview in "Syntax Coloring" preference page [message #1720388] Mon, 18 January 2016 10:37 Go to next message
Jiang Li is currently offline Jiang LiFriend
Hi everybody,

i want to insert a preview area for the highlighting in xtext standard preference page "Syntax Coloring". Is there already implementation by xtext?

Thanks in advance

Re: Preview in "Syntax Coloring" preference page [message #1720975 is a reply to message #1720388] Fri, 22 January 2016 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

No, you have to customize the preference page yourself.

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: Preview in "Syntax Coloring" preference page [message #1720992 is a reply to message #1720975] Fri, 22 January 2016 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 09:34
No, you have to customize the preference page yourself.

Thanks for your answer Razz

I have already customized this preference page with embedded editor. But there is a refreshing problem about the hightlighting of the embedded editor. It was refreshed only by clicking the "Apply" button.
I hope to refresh the embedded editor after clicking the buttons of the FieldEditors, e.g. Color, Font buttons.

I think that embedded editor refreshs it highlightings by listening to the changes of preference store which is shared with all editors. How can I customize embedded editor with a seperate preference store? Is the class "HighlightingHelper.java" right way?
Re: Preview in "Syntax Coloring" preference page [message #1720996 is a reply to message #1720992] Fri, 22 January 2016 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
EmbeddedEditorFactory has an HighlightingHelper has a TextAttributeProvider/PreferenceStoreAccessor injected

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.syntaxcoloring.HighlightingHelper.install(XtextSourceViewerConfiguration, XtextSourceViewer)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Preview in "Syntax Coloring" preference page [message #1721152 is a reply to message #1720996] Mon, 25 January 2016 09:22 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 11:25
EmbeddedEditorFactory has an HighlightingHelper has a TextAttributeProvider/PreferenceStoreAccessor injected

org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.syntaxcoloring.HighlightingHelper.install(XtextSourceViewerConfiguration, XtextSourceViewer)

Thanks Christian, i will try it.
Previous Topic:Mixing simple and qualified names in cross references
Next Topic:error while installing software
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:28:58 GMT 2024