Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problems while creating a UML profile diagram
Problems while creating a UML profile diagram [message #1720169] Thu, 14 January 2016 20:56 Go to next message
Stefan Walter is currently offline Stefan WalterFriend
I am facing a problem while creating a UML profile diagram. I extended SysML Requirements Diagram by defining a new stereotype "RSLReqPeriodic" derived from the "Requirement" stereotype as depicted in picture1.

I added the property "Period:RSLPeriod" to "RSLReqPeriodic". The property should refer to an element of type "RSLPeriod". Therefore I created a directed association between "RSLReqPeriodic" (source) and "RSLPeriod" (target). See picture2.

The idea was, that if I would draw this association between those elements in a SysML Requirement diagram which applies the profile I have defined, the property "Period" of the element which is typed as "RSLReqPeriod" will be set automatically to the one I have refered to using the association. See picture3 and 4.

The problem is that it is that the property is not set. What did I do wrong?
  • Attachment: picture2.png
    (Size: 7.92KB, Downloaded 123 times)
  • Attachment: picture1.png
    (Size: 8.98KB, Downloaded 146 times)
  • Attachment: picture3.png
    (Size: 5.24KB, Downloaded 108 times)
  • Attachment: picture4.png
    (Size: 18.62KB, Downloaded 114 times)
Re: Problems while creating a UML profile diagram [message #1720684 is a reply to message #1720169] Wed, 20 January 2016 09:46 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Stefan,
I think your model is not correct.
IMO what you actually need is to set the type of the property to
RSLPeriod, not a relationship. Then, if you want to use a default value
you can set it in your property.

Best,

Víctor López

El 15/01/2016 a las 15:29, Stefan Walter escribió:
> I am facing a problem while creating a UML profile diagram. I extended SysML Requirements Diagram by defining a new stereotype "RSLReqPeriodic" derived from the "Requirement" stereotype as depicted in picture1.
>
> I added the property "Period:RSLPeriod" to "RSLReqPeriodic". The property should refer to an element of type "RSLPeriod". Therefore I created a directed association between "RSLReqPeriodic" (source) and "RSLPeriod" (target). See picture2.
>
> The idea was, that if I would draw this association between those elements in a SysML Requirement diagram which applies the profile I have defined, the property "Period" of the element which is typed as "RSLReqPeriod" will be set automatically to the one I have refered to using the association. See picture3 and 4.
>
> The problem is that it is that the property is not set. What did I do wrong?
>
Previous Topic:List/Show/See all relations involving an element without using a diagram
Next Topic:How to edit .notation file by java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:20:47 GMT 2024