Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Problems getting xtext running in IntelliJ
Problems getting xtext running in IntelliJ [message #1720106] Thu, 14 January 2016 13:04 Go to next message
Simon Seyer is currently offline Simon SeyerFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to get a vanilla xtext project running in Intellij. I followed the following tutorial for setting up the plugins and creating a project: Search for "Get started with Xtext and IntelliJ IDEA in 5 Minutes" since I cannot attach links so far.

When starting the
runIdea
gradle task, everything builds fine and the additional IntelliJ instance starts up. Then however the log in the original instance is filled with stack traces and I'm not able to open a file with my custom file extension.

The full strack trace is attached. The most interesting message from my point of view is
com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of com/intellij/ide/plugins/cl/PluginClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "org/eclipse/emf/ecore/EObject" 

I'm running:
IntelliJ IDEA 15.0 Build #IC-143.381.42
JDK: 1.8.0_25
XText: 2.9.0

Hope you have an idea how to fix this. Thanks so far.

Best regards

Simon
Re: Problems getting xtext running in IntelliJ [message #1720210 is a reply to message #1720106] Fri, 15 January 2016 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

Error comes probably because of different emf version between org.eclipse.xtext.idea and your plugin. If you look into the
<your-idea-module>/build/ideaSandbox/org.eclipse.xtext.idea/lib
and
<your-idea-module>/build/ideaSandbox/<yourmodulename>.idea/lib

You should see two different versions of org.eclipse.emf.ecore*.jar

2.11.0 vs. 2.11.1

If so, please check the installed xtext plugin version should be 2.9.1 and the xtextVersion in the parent build.gradle file, should be also 2.9.1
run gradle clean assembleSandbox

compare lib folders again.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Re: Problems getting xtext running in IntelliJ [message #1720231 is a reply to message #1720210] Fri, 15 January 2016 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dennis,

thanks for your reply!

The version of the ecore lib are indeed different. 2.11.0 in org.eclipse.xtext.idea and 2.11.1 in my module.

However, the plugin version and the xtextVersion are equal: 2.9.0 (which seems to be the latest release version).

Do you have an idea what else might be the reason for this version clash?

Looking forward to your response

Simon
Re: Problems getting xtext running in IntelliJ [message #1720247 is a reply to message #1720231] Fri, 15 January 2016 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

I'm not sure why it happens. Maybe a bug in the gradle idea plugin, maybe a bug in Xtext dependencies.
Please try with Xtext 2.9.1 it's a bugfix release.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io

[Updated on: Fri, 15 January 2016 14:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems getting xtext running in IntelliJ [message #1720259 is a reply to message #1720247] Fri, 15 January 2016 15:32 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot. The update solved the described problem. ecore is now only present in org.eclipse.xtext.idea/lib folder.

Do you know why the old version is still linked on the website? Will do a PR to fix this.
Previous Topic:Multiline comments with new api
Next Topic:Cross reference issue while using EmbeddedEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:32:22 GMT 2024