Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » New Features for NatTable 1.4
New Features for NatTable 1.4 [message #1719765] Mon, 11 January 2016 21:22 Go to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi NatTable users,

with this post I want to inform you about some new features that will be released with 1.4. As these are some really big features I would like to ask some of our users to test them before the release. I want to avoid a bugfix release right after the 1.4.0 release just because nobody tested. Wink

Here are the main new features:

1. Formula support
Using the FormulaDataProvider, NatTable now supports formulas similar to well-known spreadsheet applications. At this time basic math operations are supported. But it is also possible to extend the formula resolution with custom functions.

I added the FormulaDataExample and the CalculatedFormulaDataExample to show how it can be added and how it works.

2. Fill drag handle
Adding the FillHandleConfiguration will add the fill drag handle to a NatTable instance. This allows to perform fill actions by dragging the fill handle on selected cells. The FormulaDataExample has the fill handle enabled.

3. CSS styling
There is now a new E4 NatTable extension that adds CSS styling capabilites to NatTable. Because of some issues with the CSS engine that needed to be fixed in the platform, it will only work with a current Neon integration build and Java 8. In the repository you will find a new e4 examples project that contains an e4 application with some CSS styled NatTable examples.

I need to write some documentation to better explain the new capabilities, but hopefully some of our users will give the new features an early try.

I'm curious about some feedback.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: New Features for NatTable 1.4 [message #1729756 is a reply to message #1719765] Mon, 18 April 2016 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Schowalter is currently offline David SchowalterFriend
Hey Dirk,

the features you'll implement in NatTable 1.4 sound great. Do you already know, when the 1.4 Version will be released?

Thanks for your great work on the table!
David
Re: New Features for NatTable 1.4 [message #1729793 is a reply to message #1729756] Tue, 19 April 2016 06:54 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
No concrete date yet. But the plan is to release 1.4 before Neon. Just a few tickets left open to finish 1.4, so hopefully the next weeks.
Previous Topic:ConcurrentModification-Exception in ViewportLayer(?)
Next Topic:Nattable column resize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:19:42 GMT 2024