Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » MongoDB collection field empty(After connecting with MongoDB, collection drop down menu was empty)
MongoDB collection field empty [message #1719622] Sun, 10 January 2016 09:19 Go to next message
Prince Masud is currently offline Prince MasudFriend
Hi ,
I am newbie on BIRT/MongoDB integration. Currently deployed MongoDBv3.2.0 in one mac machine to store some test metrics. Results look ok, stored data correctly.
But problem appears when i was trying to import those data to create a report using BIRT(latest).

I tested MongoDB connection which was succeeded. After that , wanted to create a dataset but failed. I saw my database name(homkit) was showing correctly but in collection drop down menu was empty, nothing to choose from there. I tried to type my collection name manually in the collection filed, but it pos-up "In valid collection name" nd in details section, i found this error log shown below. Not sure how to debug this issue, could you please help?Two screenshot attached for the error.
Thanks in advance

Error log:
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Invalid collection name: homkitcollection1
at org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.mongodb.internal.impl.MDbMetaData.getAvailableFields(MDbMetaData.java:176)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.mongodb.ui.util.FieldEntryWrapper.getAvailableFields(FieldEntryWrapper.java:88)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.mongodb.ui.util.FieldEntryWrapper.updateAvailableFields(FieldEntryWrapper.java:100)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.mongodb.ui.impl.MongoDBDataSetWizardPage$25.run(MongoDBDataSetWizardPage.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.mongodb.ui.impl.MongoDBDataSetWizardPage.updateAvailableFieldsList(MongoDBDataSetWizardPage.java:1418)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.mongodb.ui.impl.MongoDBDataSetWizardPage.access$28(MongoDBDataSetWizardPage.java:1409)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.mongodb.ui.impl.MongoDBDataSetWizardPage$18.widgetSelected(MongoDBDataSetWizardPage.java:889)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4188)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1467)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1490)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1475)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4031)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3658)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.actions.NewDataSetAction.createNewDataSet(NewDataSetAction.java:193)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.actions.NewDataSetAction.run(NewDataSetAction.java:181)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4188)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1467)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1490)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1475)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4031)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3658)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:236)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
Re: MongoDB collection field empty [message #1724311 is a reply to message #1719622] Tue, 23 February 2016 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shruti Mat is currently offline Shruti MatFriend
Hi,
Even I am getting same issue. Not able to see the collections in BIRT, however when I can connect to mongo database, I can see collections as well as query them.

Can some help!!

Thanks,
Re: MongoDB collection field empty [message #1725427 is a reply to message #1724311] Thu, 03 March 2016 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandrasekar Laguduva is currently offline Chandrasekar LaguduvaFriend
Hi,

I too face the same issue. I am using BIRT 4.4. Need help.

Thanks in advance...
Re: MongoDB collection field empty [message #1727186 is a reply to message #1725427] Mon, 21 March 2016 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
osama wahid is currently offline osama wahidFriend
If you are not seeing the Collection on Birt .

While Connecting to datasource instead of writing localhost or 127.0.0.1
give your system i.p like 192.168.1.1

it will works fine then
Re: MongoDB collection field empty [message #1728739 is a reply to message #1727186] Wed, 06 April 2016 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shruti Mat is currently offline Shruti MatFriend
HI,

I tried putting my IP but still not able to see any collections.
When I connect t mongodb ,I am able to view and query collections.

Please help!

Thanks
Re: MongoDB collection field empty [message #1735905 is a reply to message #1728739] Thu, 23 June 2016 13:31 Go to previous message
Lietwin AR is currently offline Lietwin ARFriend
I had the same issue and successfully resolved it thanks to Birt Actuate support. Smile
You probably need to update your Mongo Java driver (eclipse plugin) from 2.1.0 to 2.3.1.

As I cannot copy the link to the anwser here, please see Actuate Developers Forum to elarn more
Previous Topic:BIRT unable to get data from MONGO DB Secondary node
Next Topic:Embedded Image not working in BIRT4.2.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:11:52 GMT 2024