Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » [SOLVED] RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags(How to manage properties of the windows in Eclipse RAP E4 app ?)
[SOLVED] RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1719332] Thu, 07 January 2016 10:17 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello,

I just switch to Eclipse E4 RAP after years of using RAP with Eclipse RCP 3.x, and I have difficulties to go back to the same appearance for my RAP application.

In Eclipse RAP I used to setup the properties of my window in ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor with the method :
@Override
public void preWindowOpen() {
	this.configurer = getWindowConfigurer();
	configurer.setShowCoolBar(false);
	configurer.setShowMenuBar(false);
	configurer.setShowStatusLine(false);
	configurer.setShowPerspectiveBar(false);
	configurer.setShowProgressIndicator(false);
	configurer.setShowFastViewBars(false);
	configurer.setTitle("Listeriomics");
	configurer.setShellStyle(SWT.NO_TRIM);
}

Now I am using Application.e4xmi. So I should setup these properties as Tags in the xmi file. By searching on the internet I only find the Tag: shellMaximized, to setup full screen mode. But I can't find the other available tags/properties.

Where can I find them ?

Basically I want my window to have no toolbar and no window frame = minimize, maximize, close button. As I am developping a website this is useless.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 January 2016 14:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1719688 is a reply to message #1719332] Mon, 11 January 2016 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Mohr is currently offline Christian MohrFriend
Hi,

you should use the TrimmedWindow in your Application.e4xmi. Apply the "shellMaximized" Tag to it. All Toolbars and ToolControls won't exist until you define them in your Application.e4xmi, so there is no need for a property/tag. The title and the favicon can be modified in your "ApplicationConfiguration".

Greets,
Christian
Re: RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1720709 is a reply to message #1719688] Wed, 20 January 2016 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Thanks for your reply.
I am now in full screen mode but I still have the trim.

What do I have to add in my "ApplicationConfiguration" ?

And where ?
In OSGI-INF/contribution.xml ?
or directly in :
public class BasicApplication implements ApplicationConfiguration {

public void configure(Application application) {
    	System.out.println("run");
    	Map<String, String> properties = new HashMap<String, String>();
        properties.put(WebClient.PAGE_TITLE, "Hello e4 RAP");
        application.addEntryPoint("/List", new E4EntryPointFactory(E4ApplicationConfig.create("platform:/plugin/bacnet.e4.rap/Application.e4xmi")), properties);
        application.setOperationMode( OperationMode.SWT_COMPATIBILITY );
    }

}

[Updated on: Wed, 20 January 2016 14:13] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1720716 is a reply to message #1720709] Wed, 20 January 2016 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Ok, I found it but it is really not obvious...
I followed this tutorial: https://shomeier.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/hiding-the-menu-bar-for-rcprap-with-eclipse-4/

In the Application.e4xmi > Trimmed Window panel. Select Supplementary, and add in the Persisted State: Key=styleOverride Value=8

That is really what I dislike with the switch to Eclipse e4. In the past everything was done through Java method which we use to Override, and thus the automatic text completion tools was helping us to go through every porperties possible which one can modify for Perspective, Views, Dialogs, etc... Now it is through xml file, and (key,values) pairs. So there is no way one can know easily the list of properties, tags, state, one can use and modify.

Re: RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1720718 is a reply to message #1720709] Wed, 20 January 2016 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Ok I found how to do it following this link:
https://shomeier.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/hiding-the-menu-bar-for-rcprap-with-eclipse-4/

You have to go in the Trimmedwindows properties and add in the PersitedState: key=styleOverride value=8

That is really what I dislike with the switch to Eclipse e4. In the past everything was done through Java method which we use to Override, and thus the automatic text completion tools was helping us to go through every porperties possible which one can modify for Perspective, Views, Dialogs, etc... Now it is through xml file, and (key,values) pairs. So there is no way one can know easily the list of properties, tags, state, one can use and modify.
Re: RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1720719 is a reply to message #1720709] Wed, 20 January 2016 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Ok I found how to do it following this link:
https://shomeier.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/hiding-the-menu-bar-for-rcprap-with-eclipse-4/

You have to go in the Trimmedwindows properties and add in the PersitedState: key=styleOverride value=8

Re: RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1720721 is a reply to message #1720719] Wed, 20 January 2016 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
My bad you can find all the tags for Eclipse e4 here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Efxclipse/Runtime/e4#MPartSashContainer

(Sorry for the multiple replies in the previous messages)
Re: RAP E4 - Window properties and Tags [message #1720722 is a reply to message #1720721] Wed, 20 January 2016 14:25 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Argggggg, it is only for e4 using JavaFX
Previous Topic:TableViewer in Dialog does not show any labels
Next Topic:[SOLVED] RAP E4 - PatternInUseException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:58:27 GMT 2024