Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Join by multiple data sets at runtime(Join by multiple data sets at runtime)
Join by multiple data sets at runtime [message #1719308] Wed, 06 January 2016 23:38 Go to next message
Ram Bind is currently offline Ram BindFriend
Here is my scenario:
Table A has col1,col2...coln
I have a dataset to retrieve data from table A based on the parameters entered for col1 and col2. I have to present the data selected in col2 in the first page of the report. There may be scenarios where col1 is selected alone in which case col2 will have multiple values. In that case I have to present col2 data in a concatenated form on the report first page.
How do I accomplish this?

Following is what I tried:
I have created 2 datasets;
- One has the main query that includes col2 data
- The other data set has the query to concatenate the values in col2.

The issue I am facing is in the dataset which concatenates col2 data considers all the values available in that column as I am not able to filter based on col2 data retrieved by the main query
Is there a way to join by col2 from main query with the col2 from the dataset that concatenates, at runtime? by way of script or other means.

Thanks,
Ram
Re: Join by multiple data sets at runtime [message #1719410 is a reply to message #1719308] Thu, 07 January 2016 17:20 Go to previous message
Jerry Sheets is currently offline Jerry SheetsFriend
It wasn't clear to me what you are trying to do. Can you post an example of the output you are trying to achieve?
Previous Topic:report app with Mongo DB
Next Topic:How to remove parameters in script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:59:21 GMT 2024