Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » external tool builder stopped working after plugin install(after installing Javascript Build Plugin a formerly working external tool builder stopped doing it's job)
external tool builder stopped working after plugin install [message #1719242] Wed, 06 January 2016 14:07 Go to next message
Peggy Schatz is currently offline Peggy SchatzFriend
Hello,

in 2 projects I've been using external tool builders to change SASS files into css. There have been no problems until I installed the Javascript Build Plugin, which I'd like to deploy in several Javascript projects. (for unit testing)

Now the external toolbuilder stopped executing. The console, where normally the affected css file was mentioned now solely displays 'No consoles to display at this time'.

Does the plugin interfere with project specific external tool builders or could the console matter somehow? Any suggestions which steps I could try to make both work where needed?

Thanking in advance
Peggy
Re: external tool builder stopped working after plugin install [message #1719351 is a reply to message #1719242] Thu, 07 January 2016 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal NiewrzalFriend
Hi,

Can you attach *.log files from <workspace>/.metadata directory?
Re: external tool builder stopped working after plugin install [message #1719378 is a reply to message #1719351] Thu, 07 January 2016 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon the bak.log file covering the time span from before the plugin install till today is sufficient, is it?
  • Attachment: .bak_0.log
    (Size: 0.98MB, Downloaded 111 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 07 January 2016 14:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: external tool builder stopped working after plugin install [message #1719643 is a reply to message #1719378] Sun, 10 January 2016 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal NiewrzalFriend
Thanks for log, but unfortunately I didn't found anything related to your problem.

For now I can only propose to uninstall new plugin to check if it is root of the problem.
Re: external tool builder stopped working after plugin install [message #1719686 is a reply to message #1719643] Mon, 11 January 2016 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much for taking the time to chek logs! I'll wait, if any other suggestion comes up. Otherwise I'll do as recommended.

Re: external tool builder stopped working after plugin install [message #1719704 is a reply to message #1719643] Mon, 11 January 2016 15:23 Go to previous message
I figured out, that the external toolbuilders are working as expected, when the option project -> build automatically is active. Thats not what I wanted but better than nothing for the moment.
Previous Topic:Implementing a Single Interface
Next Topic:Displaing PHP Errors in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:55:20 GMT 2024