Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse dosent show errors correctly
Eclipse dosent show errors correctly [message #1718959] Sun, 03 January 2016 21:25 Go to next message
Braedon I WILL NOT PUT MY LAST NAME ON THE INTERNE is currently offline Braedon I WILL NOT PUT MY LAST NAME ON THE INTERNEFriend
I have Eclipse Mars and using java. Errors will apear on every line of code I write (Exept some random ones), even if they are correct lines of code. I dont know how to fix this and its realy annoying. Please help!

index.php/fa/24467/0/

[Updated on: Mon, 04 January 2016 02:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse dosent show errors correctly [message #1718966 is a reply to message #1718959] Mon, 04 January 2016 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
The forum seems to have lost your screen shot attachment; please try to re-attach it.

I did notice before it was lost that you have a basic syntax error at the beginning of your code:
public class Something.java {

That's not legal syntax for a class name; Java identifiers can not include a decimal/period character.
The file containing your class should a .java extension, but you aren't supposed to put .java in the name of the class declaration.
Re: Eclipse dosent show errors correctly [message #1719053 is a reply to message #1718966] Mon, 04 January 2016 17:53 Go to previous message
Braedon I WILL NOT PUT MY LAST NAME ON THE INTERNE is currently offline Braedon I WILL NOT PUT MY LAST NAME ON THE INTERNEFriend
Thank you! I did not realize that the class declaration was not supposed to have the .java extention.
Here's the picture:

index.php/fa/24482/0/

[Updated on: Mon, 04 January 2016 17:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Re: Passing date parameter to birt report through url
Next Topic:Eclipse install process has me completely stymied
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:48:13 GMT 2024