Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » greyed-out Resum button in Debug perspective(just begun CDT, trying the tutorial stopped me)
greyed-out Resum button in Debug perspective [message #1718130] Sun, 20 December 2015 12:43 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
Eclipse Neon M.3 on Debian Linux SID.
In the tutorial
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_before_you_begin.htm

step #5 does not work for me: Run/Resume as well as the Resume button are greyed-out and do not accept selection. Therefore I can not use the debugger for understanding debugging with the tutorial.

Could it be a simple reason or are my software versions just too ambitious?
Any help welcome.

Rolf
Re: greyed-out Resum button in Debug perspective [message #1718196 is a reply to message #1718130] Mon, 21 December 2015 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
There is no Step #5 in your link.so I can only guess what you have done.
Did you make a launch configuration?
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_before_you_begin.htm
Before you can debug (or run) you need one. The debugging buttons are grayed out when not actively debugging. They will become enabled when debugging has started and at the first stopping point which is usually the first line of code in main.

Start the debugger with Run ==> Debug or the Debug button on the tool bar. It will run the current launch configuration.
Re: greyed-out Resum button in Debug perspective [message #1718375 is a reply to message #1718196] Wed, 23 December 2015 07:26 Go to previous message
Ronaldo Ross is currently offline Ronaldo RossFriend
Nice article. i like programming like c, c++, java
Previous Topic:Debugger - Error in final launch sequence.
Next Topic:Eclipse server?! (read it carefully :-)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:44:59 GMT 2024