Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Change colors
Change colors [message #1718080] Sat, 19 December 2015 07:40 Go to next message
Paolo Nenna is currently offline Paolo NennaFriend
Hi,
I need to change colors in the "Outline" window and in the "Disassembly" window because in this moment my editor appears as shown in the attached file.

Is there a system to do this?
I use the Dark theme and I have Mars 1 eclipse distribution, I use Eclipse only for CDT purposes.
(I apologize if this is not the right forum, if I'm wrong please be patient and redirect me to the right one)

Thanks in advance
Paolo
  • Attachment: Cattura_5.JPG
    (Size: 14.89KB, Downloaded 287 times)
Re: Change colors [message #1718105 is a reply to message #1718080] Sat, 19 December 2015 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
There is an outstanding bug on the Outline display: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=438485
Apparently, no one has bothered to try to fix it. I get bit by it occasionally. Seem to happen when there is code disabled by the preprocessor though not always. What is shown as white and what is shown as black is a mystery.

There's no easy answer for where and how colors are changed -- particularly for popup dialogs. There doesn't seem to be a consistent color setting paths. A lot of the colors will vary depending on the system theme used. I have found only one that works for me: MurrinaCappuccino in Xfce4. YMMV. Finding it took a lot of trial and error.

Not sure about the Disassembly view. Mine is as below:
index.php/fa/24385/0/

I also included the Find/Search dialog. Believe it or not, TrainMX in the Find box is highlighted. Unfortunately, the highlighted background color is the same as the dialog box color and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it. It isn't the only dialog affected. On some dialogs and views, the highlighting is very light gray on white . Nearly impossible to read. Look at the Debug view next to the Search/Find dialog to see what I mean

Some popups, such as the one when hovering over a class name show white on black until you hit F2 for focus then it turns into white on light tan which is hard for me to read. I haven't been able to find anything that changes this. Apparently it's wired in.

The only full solution is to use the original color scheme foregoing the Dark theme. Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 19 December 2015 17:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Change colors [message #1718222 is a reply to message #1718105] Mon, 21 December 2015 12:44 Go to previous message
Paolo Nenna is currently offline Paolo NennaFriend
Thank you very much, David, for your suggestion. Probably I will roll back to the native white theme.

Best regards
Paolo
Previous Topic:I cant see the C/C++ tab in open perspective
Next Topic:References: What are they for?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:32:21 GMT 2024