Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » how can I see source codes of class/methods/fields in hover?
how can I see source codes of class/methods/fields in hover? [message #1717681] Tue, 15 December 2015 19:36 Go to next message
wen liu is currently offline wen liuFriend
I remember that when my mouse hovered over some class/methods/fields, their source codes can be seen.

but now, in my eclipse, I can only see the java doc. and especially there is also color issue:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/709169/how-to-fix-unreadable-tooltipshover-in-eclipse-mars

what can I do so that I can see the source codes of class/methods/fields when my mouse hover over them?
Re: how can I see source codes of class/methods/fields in hover? [message #1717682 is a reply to message #1717681] Tue, 15 December 2015 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
The preferences at Java > Editor > Hovers allow to assign modifiers to specific kinds of hovers.
By default Shift-hover is assigned for "Source".
Re: how can I see source codes of class/methods/fields in hover? [message #1717710 is a reply to message #1717682] Wed, 16 December 2015 08:27 Go to previous message
Aabharan Shastri is currently offline Aabharan ShastriFriend
Select the method , class or variable -> right click and select Search -> Occurrences in file ... You can assign expression statements to a new local variable or field.
Previous Topic:Need Help with real time code reader plug-in
Next Topic: The new column name or alias "campo" is already used by the column at index 10. (BIRT REP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:31:54 GMT 2024