Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » UI sessions unresponsive when server push used(Browser is busy loading when several tabs/windows opened with active server push)
UI sessions unresponsive when server push used [message #1717669] Tue, 15 December 2015 16:03
Jacek Wozniak is currently offline Jacek WozniakFriend
Hello,
In a RAP-on-e4 application (demo created by the project wizard), the server push is enabled by default (defaultPush=true in E4ApplicationConfig).

If I try to open more than 5-6 browser tabs with the application then all of them become unresponsive (browser is busy loading). When using Chrome, closing one or more tabs restores the communication, when using FireFox I need to restart the application to be able to run it.

The problem does not exist when I start the application with defaultPush=false, however I encounter then some consequences of not using the server push (e.g. sometimes theme is not applied until user interaction).

I read in other forum thread that Server Push may block resources on the server ... is it the case here? Can I avoid it somehow or should I report a bug?

I tested Eclipse Mars 4.5.1 with RAP target platform from 2015-12-14 (site_assembly) on Windows 7. Browser: Chrome, FireFox.

The same issue I noticed when I activated manually server push in RAP 3.0.1a. (in RAP Mail template demo application).

Thank you in advance,
Jacek
Previous Topic:Bundle "org.eclipse.rwt.widgets.upload" missing in RAP 2.3
Next Topic:Chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:38:05 GMT 2024