Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Can't see all the tables?(I am dealing with a large DB and can't see all the tables when creating a data set)
Can't see all the tables? [message #1717477] Mon, 14 December 2015 10:14 Go to next message
Tim Amphlett is currently offline Tim AmphlettFriend
Hi All,

I am creating reports from an SQL server database which back-ends one of our apps.

The Data Source connects OK, but when I come to create Data Sets, about half of the expected tables are missing from the list. (Some of the tables have names like MyTable$, which I think is odd... but some of these are in the list and the 'invisible' tables are a mix of ones with $'s and ones without.)

I can access the 'invisible' tables via SQL, so they are there in the database, and if I type in the table name in the SQL window, then I get a prompt for the column names pop up. Confused

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim
Re: Can't see all the tables? [message #1717568 is a reply to message #1717477] Mon, 14 December 2015 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
I struggled with this too. By default the number of visible tables is limited but this is a simple setup :

In Eclipse designer menu, select Window -> Preferences -> Report-desgin -> Dataset Editor -> JDBC dataset -> Maximum number of tables to display
icon14.gif  Re: Can't see all the tables? [message #1717598 is a reply to message #1717568] Tue, 15 December 2015 08:11 Go to previous message
Tim Amphlett is currently offline Tim AmphlettFriend
Great! that works, thanks. Smile

The onloy thing NOT fixed is that the DB contains tables like MyTable and MyTable$. Only MyTable$ is in the list, so I guess that's another issue.

(Don't ask me why the designers went with this naming scheme, it's commercial software! Confused )
Previous Topic:DB Connection Issue
Next Topic:Remove the null values in a multi-value listbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:43:59 GMT 2024