Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Howto test ResourceDescriptionManager, respectivelly affectedResources
Howto test ResourceDescriptionManager, respectivelly affectedResources [message #1717461] Mon, 14 December 2015 08:30 Go to next message
Stefan Scheiber is currently offline Stefan ScheiberFriend
Hello,

I need to customize the way affected resources are computed. I do so by providing a custom implementation of IResourceDescription.Manager. However I would like to test the behaviour.

I am able to do this using a GUI test, but I was wondering if there is a way to test it with a unit test. Something like
with resource1, resource2, ..., resourceN
and having the resourceX changed to some new content
assert that the resourceY, resourceZ need to be reparsed (are affected)

I was looking at AbstractContentAssistProcessorTest and AbstractLinkedEditingIntegrationTest but I think I need help to get them do what I need.

thx and best regards,
stefan
Re: Howto test ResourceDescriptionManager, respectivelly affectedResources [message #1717603 is a reply to message #1717461] Tue, 15 December 2015 09:05 Go to previous message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend
Yes, you can start with the simple parser test.
You can obtain the resource description manager through injection or through XtextResource.getResourceServiceProvider.getResourceDescriptionManager().

Regards,
Sven
Previous Topic:New Xtext and Xtend Gradle Plugins
Next Topic:Any Generators for Making Emacs/Vi Syntax Highlighters from Grammar?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:27:46 GMT 2024