Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [Neon] Theming(Desktop Style...)
[Neon] Theming [message #1717453] Mon, 14 December 2015 06:56 Go to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
I've started to do some examples with the Neon Theming.
Trying to rebuild an existing Web application as close as possible with scout, I tried to hide some Scout standard areas. Most of them I could make disappear with CSS (display: none or visibility: hidden).
As this has only an impact on the presentation I would like to know, whether there is a Scout possibility to generally prevent the generation of the corresponding HTML code instead of just hiding the area.
The areas I'm talking about are:
- Desktop Navigation
- View Buttons
- Main Menubar - this one I couldn't make disappear as probably the automatically generated NavigationUp- and NavigationDownButton are overwriting my "display: none" directive.

Is there a possibility in the Scout Model to prevent this areas?
or
Is there a possibility to extend / overwrite the js code for this areas for a specific them as it is possible with the css? i.e. Desktop-mytheme.js

Add a Topic Description to ease the search

[Updated on: Mon, 14 December 2015 09:25] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Neon] Theming [message #1717465 is a reply to message #1717453] Mon, 14 December 2015 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi René

You can set the desktopStyle to 'BENCH' which will make the elements other than the bench disappear (Desktop#getConfiguredDesktopStyle).
Re: [Neon] Theming [message #1717474 is a reply to message #1717465] Mon, 14 December 2015 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you

is it foreseen that users can add own Desktop-Styles?
I would like to have an Style with the navigation but without toolbar etc.
Re: [Neon] Theming [message #1717493 is a reply to message #1717474] Mon, 14 December 2015 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I change the style of desktop with a "top" parameter:
.desktop {
	top: 140px;
}

the errors are not displayed on the right place - should I create a bug?

index.php/fa/24311/0/
Re: [Neon] Theming [message #1717517 is a reply to message #1717493] Mon, 14 December 2015 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Currently the layout of the default style is rather static. We should definitively improve it in a way, that the view and tool buttons may be optional so that these specific areas may collapse. I hope we can do some improvements in this area at the beginning of next year, but I cannot promise anything.
If you want to add a custom style you would have to extend scout.Desktop and make sure your desktop is used whenever a new desktop gets created, which would require an entry in scout.objectFactories.
Re: [Neon] Theming [message #1730689 is a reply to message #1717517] Wed, 27 April 2016 16:28 Go to previous message
You will be pleased to hear that we added some possibilities to modify the desktop layout.

Since M6
New property on the outline:
- navigateButtonsVisible

Since M7
New properties on the desktop:
- navigationVisible
- navigationHandleVisible
- headerVisible
- benchVisible

DesktopStyle is now called DisplayStyle and more or less controls the above properties. With displayStyle=BENCH only the bench is visible, with displayStyle=COMPACT (which is used for mobile devices) either the navigation or bench and header are visible.

Since RC1
Optional View Buttons
The view buttons on the top left are now optional, if you don't provide any, the navigation body will move up

Flexible Bench
The bench now provides 9 areas where forms may be positioned using the existing form.displayViewId
Previous Topic:[neon] [less] NPE in less
Next Topic:[Neon] Print Dialog - How to?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:50:07 GMT 2024