Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Connecting Eclipse to a remote Linux server(Connecting Eclipse to a remote Linux server)
Connecting Eclipse to a remote Linux server [message #1717448] Mon, 14 December 2015 02:03 Go to next message
Paul Raines is currently offline Paul RainesFriend
Greetings.

I'm a newbie to Eclipse. Just started using it a few days ago.

So far, I've been able to create projects, write codes (HTML, C#, PHP, etc), and even build and run web-pages.

All good.

However, I've come to a point where I would like to connect my Eclipse IDE to a remote server (Linux).

A google search gave me this link :

http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.rse.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftbeginlinux.html

But, I'm a bit confused. For one thing, I'm not sure exactly where those required software should be (like : Perl, JRE, etc). Should they be on my laptop itself (I have them installed, anyway), or should they be installed on the remote linux server?

Secondly, the topic seems to jump right in with "server code", and "server daemon". I have no idea what these are. Confused Confused

Please, help

thanks
Re: Connecting Eclipse to a remote Linux server [message #1717887 is a reply to message #1717448] Thu, 17 December 2015 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Connect to a remote server". With TM/RSE (Target Management / Remote Systems Explorer) you can connect to remote sites and sync files via FTP, SFTP and others.

http://download.eclipse.org/tm/downloads/

Perhaps if you tell us more specifically what you'd like to accomplish?

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Connecting Eclipse to a remote Linux server [message #1717931 is a reply to message #1717887] Thu, 17 December 2015 19:14 Go to previous message
Paul Raines is currently offline Paul RainesFriend
Denis Roy wrote on Thu, 17 December 2015 09:07
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Connect to a remote server". With TM/RSE (Target Management / Remote Systems Explorer) you can connect to remote sites and sync files via FTP, SFTP and others.

http://download.eclipse.org/tm/downloads/

Perhaps if you tell us more specifically what you'd like to accomplish?

Thanks for your reply

I'm running Eclipse PHP Mars on my laptop.

I need to connect to a remote Linux server, so that I can run some PHP codes.
Previous Topic:Project listing is not complete [UI]
Next Topic:Eclipse doesn't start after installing german language pack
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:34:38 GMT 2024