Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Build Error while following quickstart
Build Error while following quickstart [message #1717410] Sun, 13 December 2015 10:18 Go to next message
Patrick Steiner is currently offline Patrick SteinerFriend
Hi all,

I must admit, that I'm a total newby to Kura and my development days are a few years in the past, so please do excuse if my question is to basic.

I'm trying to follow the "Getting Started" guide to get acquainted with Kura.

My environment ( light deviation from guide is )

- Maven: 3.0.5
- java: openjdk 1.7.0_91

When following the guide and issuing

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -f pom_pom.xml -Pweb clean install

I do get

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project org.eclipse.kura.web: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.web:war:1.0.7-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies for [com.google.gwt:gwt-user:jar:2.4.0 (provided), com.extjs:gxt:jar:2.2.5 (compile), org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.api:jar:[1.0,2.0) (provided), org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.core:jar:[1.0,2.0) (provided), org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.core.configuration:jar:[1.0,2.0) (provided), org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.core.net:jar:[1.0,2.0) (provided), org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.deployment.agent:jar:[1.0,2.0) (provided), com.allen-sauer.gwt.log:gwt-log:jar:3.1.8 (compile), org.osgi:org.osgi.core:jar:4.3.0 (compile), org.osgi:org.osgi.compendium:jar:4.3.0 (compile), junit:junit:jar:4.7 (provided), org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.6.4 (compile), org.slf4j:slf4j-log4j12:jar:1.6.4 (compile), commons-fileupload:commons-fileupload:jar:1.2.2 (compile), commons-io:commons-io:jar:2.1 (compile)]: No versions available for org.eclipse.kura:org.eclipse.kura.api:jar:[1.0,2.0) within specified range -> [Help 1]

What could I be missing? I have no settings.xml with specific repos defined. Do I need some?

Thanks in advance

Patrick
Re: Build Error while following quickstart [message #1717556 is a reply to message #1717410] Mon, 14 December 2015 17:39 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello Patrick,

Welcome to Kura! Before we address the build issue, let me clarify one thing. The only reason for building Kura is if you need to extend its functionality or create custom installers. If your intent is to simply use Kura, I would follow this guide [1] instead. If you need further clarification on this let me know.

If you do need to build Kura, were you able to complete the initial build steps? There must be three Maven build steps, in this order:

mvn -f target-platform/pom.xml clean install
mvn -f kura/manifest_pom.xml clean install
mvn -f kura/pom_pom.xml clean install

The Wiki is explaining different options you can use during these steps in order to customize the build.

[1] http://eclipse.github.io/kura/doc/kura-setup.html

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Error: Debug callstack
Next Topic:Configure 3g modem on Kura Web UI?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:37:56 GMT 2024