Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Restricting Plug-in Dependency to fixed version(Restricting Plug-in Dependency to fixed version)
Restricting Plug-in Dependency to fixed version [message #1717122] Thu, 10 December 2015 06:58 Go to next message
kirankumar B S is currently offline kirankumar B SFriend
Hello,

I am working on product developed using plugins(Osgi framework).

Logging is implemented in Product using org.slf4j.api_1.6.1 and it is working fine.
We have used buildship plug-in for my product to get Gradle functionality, problem is it is alos using org.slf4j.api_1.7.2(minimum).

Now my plug-ins are not working as two slf4j plug-ins are there in target-paltform.

How can i restrict my plug-in's to use slf4j 1.6.1 version though highr version is available.

Thanks,
Kiran.
Re: Restricting Plug-in Dependency to fixed version [message #1717186 is a reply to message #1717122] Thu, 10 December 2015 15:00 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
What you're trying to do is the same as running a software package that says and tests that it's running on "Windows 10 or higher" on WinXP. It may work, but the vendor doesn't test it nor support it.

You have two options as I see it: the first, and easiest IMHO, is to update your code to use slf4j 1.7.2.

The other is to hack the relevant Buildship MANIFEST.MFs and widen the slf4j ranges (and hope they're not depending on features introduced in the 1.7 series). You'll likely need to strip the signatures from the MANIFEST.MF and mark the bundles to link back to your own app (since you're now redistributing a changed version; typically appending a qualifier to the version number). And be sure you don't leak these outside of your app.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Using fragments
Next Topic:How to edit or to configure manifest file in Eclipse ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:27:30 GMT 2024