Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to add a custom JDWP command?(writing a new eclipse plugin)
icon5.gif  How to add a custom JDWP command? [message #1717015] Wed, 09 December 2015 15:35
Zoe Eldrich is currently offline Zoe EldrichFriend
I'm writing a plugin for debug application in remote virtual machine (KVM). Debugger interact with Emulator (works as server) via KDWP (JDWP) protocol. I need to add a new JDWP command, that doesn't exists in JDWP now. (The Emulator support this custom command now) That command must go after "handshake" and before "get all classes".

I have already studied how to create a new custom debug plugin (with custom debug protocol, custom debug configuration, etc) and did it (reading manuales and tutorials like this https://eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/how-to.html), so now I have my launcher and in my launch delegate file in my function "launch" I tried to create some interaction via DJWP protocol using functions from org.eclipse.jdi.internal.jdwp library like this:

byte[] reply = jcDebugTarget.sendCommand(cla, ins, null);
JdwpReplyPacket packet = (JdwpReplyPacket) JdwpPacket.build(reply);

But I suppose I selected long and incorrect way. Is there any right way (using Eclipse API) to manage it?

Could you advice me some manuales? I revised many manuales but I could'n find that I need

Thank you in advance, I'm waiting for theirs answers!
Previous Topic:impoted projects are not in the default workspace
Next Topic:Re: Every time I restart my computer Eclipse breaks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:33:22 GMT 2024