Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Equinox Monitoring
Equinox Monitoring [message #1715859] Thu, 26 November 2015 17:25 Go to next message
joseph muscolino is currently offline joseph muscolinoFriend
Hi!
I was wondering if is possible to monitor, from remote, the behaviour of the JVM, in particular i'd like to know the running processes inside kura.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Equinox Monitoring [message #1716695 is a reply to message #1715859] Mon, 07 December 2015 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hi Joseph,

What do you mean the running processes inside Kura? Are you referring to the bundles and services available in the OSGi container? Are you referring to the threads running in the JVM? Are you referring to the hardware resources being used? Most of this information is available, but the approach is different depending on what you need.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Equinox Monitoring [message #1716812 is a reply to message #1716695] Tue, 08 December 2015 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joseph muscolino is currently offline joseph muscolinoFriend
Hi Dave!
In particular I refer to the running processes inside Kura. For instance I'm able, through htop, to monitor the whole resources used by the JVM , instead I'd like to know the consumption of each individual process. In this case for processes I mean both bundles and general resources. I hope I have been clear.
Regards.
Re: Equinox Monitoring [message #1716879 is a reply to message #1716812] Tue, 08 December 2015 18:20 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

Kura runs as a single Java process. You can certainly use top to verify the CPU, memory, etc. being used by the Java process. Kura does occasionally start Linux level processes (ifconfig, ifup, dhcp, etc.), but these will all show as processes started by root.

For Java, typically the most important characteristics are memory usage and thread monitoring. This can be reviewed by performing thread dumps of the JVM and using top. Kura also provides a special start script that will start Kura with jdwp enabled. This would allow for remote debugging of applications.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Using Kura With MQTT For My School Project.
Next Topic:Kura v1.3.0 Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:41:46 GMT 2024