Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » "Accept" field for subscriptions
"Accept" field for subscriptions [message #1715540] Tue, 24 November 2015 10:21 Go to next message
Sanjin Saric is currently offline Sanjin SaricFriend
Hello,

I am getting confused in some concepts of m2m. I hope someone can clear this.

In "HTTP protocol binding" part of specification it clearly states that the mapping between originator and the http should exist. Specifically, headers Content-Type and Accept.

Accept says that you can specify what formatting of the data you can accept ( process), while Content-Type says of which type is the content in the request.

But the things that confuses me is the following:

How can one specify in Subscription resource, what type should the subscriber receive?

Something like the following:

Subscriber ------------------------------- > some-SCL

sends Subscribe
(Mandatory stuff like
contact...
Also! I want to receive data
formatted in JSON)

Where can SCL save the info about the format in which subscriber wishes to receive the content, or better said where in Subscription resource?

[Updated on: Tue, 24 November 2015 10:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Accept" field for subscriptions [message #1717811 is a reply to message #1715540] Wed, 16 December 2015 23:03 Go to previous message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello Sanjin,

You are highlighting an important issue in the SmartM2M standard.
Unfortunately, this issue is solved only in the oneM2M standard V1.5. The solution consists of adding an accept media-types attribute in the application resource where the subscriber can inform about the supported media-types. Such mechanism is efficient and can work even in a distributed environment using nodes multi-hops. This event can be retargetted using any media-type through several nodes. At the end the event is converted with the right media-type by the final CSE and sent to the subscriber.

Currently, we submitted OM2M v1, which is oneM2M compliant, to Eclipse for validation.
Let's keep in touch If you are interested in oneM2M.

Hope this can help,
Mahdi
Previous Topic:RESTful API interaction
Next Topic:Eclipse-plugin unavailable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:53:35 GMT 2024