Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH
Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH [message #1715497] Tue, 24 November 2015 06:05 Go to next message
Judith Hoereth is currently offline Judith HoerethFriend
I tried to set up a ssh connection in order to be able to pull git repositories with EGit in Eclipse via ssh. (I'm using Eclipse Luna). For this I used instructions given on the Eclipse Wiki.

I went to Eclipse --> Windows --> Preferences --> General --> Network Connection --> SSH2 --> Key Management --> Generate RSA Key and tried to export the key via the "Export via SFTP" Button. I entered githubID@git.eclipse.org but instead of exporting my key, an error appeared on top of the window ("failed to export ssh key to remote server")

I did the whole process a few month ago (that worked) and only wanted to redo this, because pulling my repository caused an error. Old pull Error: ssh://githubID@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/myproject.git: Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read

I have read about an update of EGit and updated it as well as trying the whole process on a new laptop, but the error also occurs in the new laptop with a new Eclipse.

Does anybody knows a solution for my problem? Thank you in advance!

P.S. My Eclipse password expired a few months ago, when I was on holiday. I reset it and I'm able to login the Eclipse Homepage, but maybe I have to change my password on another platform?
Re: Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH [message #1716751 is a reply to message #1715497] Mon, 07 December 2015 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Export via sftp requires that you have a ssh user which can connect to the remote target system and
has write permissions on ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the target system. Maybe your target system
doesn't allow that ? Then you can copy the public ssh key by loading the private key in the "Key Management"
tab by clicking "load existing key", then the public ssh key for the selected private key is displayed and
you can copy it and transfer it to the target system in a way available for your system. E.g. if you are using
Github or Gerrit you can upload your public ssh key through the git server's Web UI.
Re: Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH [message #1720002 is a reply to message #1716751] Wed, 13 January 2016 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judith Hoereth is currently offline Judith HoerethFriend
Everytime I try it, the error "Failed to export ssh key to remote server." occurs in eclipse. The strange thing is, that is has worked a few months ago, so it shouldn't be a problem with access rights...

Do you know, whether it is still the host:

githubId@git.eclipse.org

Maybe this has been changed?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 January 2016 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH [message #1720681 is a reply to message #1720002] Wed, 20 January 2016 09:41 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
ask webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:cleanup -d missing?
Next Topic:how should I do to implement "merge-base" command in eclispse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:34:21 GMT 2024