Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Redistributing a customized Eclipse.app
Redistributing a customized Eclipse.app [message #1715452] Mon, 23 November 2015 17:13 Go to next message
Konrad Windszus is currently offline Konrad WindszusFriend
Currently I redistribute a customized Eclipse.app by downloading the official Mars SR1 App and then install some plugins in Eclipe. Then I provide the modified app to other people. They have to completely disable Gatekeeper otherwise Mac OS X is complaining that "Eclipse.app is damaged and can't be opened" (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491).
Is there any possibility to either

1. remove the signature after modifiying the Eclipse app. For me executing
    codesign --remove-signature Eclipse.app

just returns
    Eclipse.app: unsupported type or version of signature
    or
  2. create an unsigned Eclipse.app derived from the Mars SR1 Java Developers package with some additional custom plugins?

What is the easiest recommended procedure to redistribute a modified Eclipse app (with a set of custom plugins)?
Thanks for any help.
Re: Redistributing a customized Eclipse.app [message #1715620 is a reply to message #1715452] Tue, 24 November 2015 17:27 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Quote:
What is the easiest recommended procedure to redistribute a modified Eclipse app (with a set of custom plugins)?

Assemble your own version of the product using the p2 director. Paul Webster has some helpful pages.
Previous Topic:Getting shortcut to appear next to context menu item
Next Topic:Eclipse for ARM Architecture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:53:54 GMT 2024