Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator.(Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator.)
icon5.gif  Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator. [message #1715348] Sun, 22 November 2015 15:59 Go to next message
lucas ju san jeon is currently offline lucas ju san jeonFriend
Hello java community I'm having some problems to run a simple HelloWorld program to test if my eclipse is working I need help please ... thanks Confused

Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator.
Re: Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator. [message #1715473 is a reply to message #1715348] Mon, 23 November 2015 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
If we read the error dialog, it tells us that you tried to invoke a launch configuration called "CommandLineProgram" which refers to a project called "Calculator", which however does not exist in your workspace. Isn't that what you see, too?
Question: how did you create that bogus launch configuration?
Re: Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator. [message #1715486 is a reply to message #1715473] Tue, 24 November 2015 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stephan , I have no idea why it started to show this error message, even though I don't have any project Calculator ... It's been 3 weeks since I last wrote something by eclipse and then when I tried to write a simple HelloWorld program this error kept showing. Confused Do you have any clue for this solution? thanks for replying.
Re: Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator. [message #1715537 is a reply to message #1715486] Tue, 24 November 2015 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Invoke from the main menu "Run > Run Configurations ...".
You will find the launch configuration called CommandLineProgram. Either fix the errors here (insert the correct project & main class etc.), or perhaps easier: delete that launch configuration and give it a fresh start by "Run As > Java Application" with your main class selected.

Also remember that Eclipse does have online help (in the IDE and on the web) Smile
E.g. http://help.eclipse.org/topic/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/tasks/task-launching_java_program.htm
Re: Launch configuration CommandLineProgram references non-existing project Calculator. [message #1715580 is a reply to message #1715537] Tue, 24 November 2015 13:13 Go to previous message
Thank you very much
I would have never figured it out by myself Embarrassed
it's working now Razz
Previous Topic:Eclipse and EGit: Can't export SSH
Next Topic:Java Build Path | Add Variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:49:24 GMT 2024