Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Does Eclipse come with a GUI builder?(I cannot find a GUI builder with controls in my Eclipse program)
Does Eclipse come with a GUI builder? [message #1715347] Sun, 22 November 2015 15:53 Go to next message
Scott Vallery is currently offline Scott ValleryFriend
I'm new to Java code and recently completed some Java training. It was recommended to use Eclipse and I found that I like it better than what I was using to practice; however, I cannot find a GUI builder or what I think is called a 'window builder' in the Eclipse. Am I missing something or is this something that is an addon/download?

I recently downloaded the Java EE (which I understand is also built on the SE) Mars version.

Thanks,
Scott
Re: Does Eclipse come with a GUI builder? [message #1715598 is a reply to message #1715347] Tue, 24 November 2015 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erick Hagstrom is currently offline Erick HagstromFriend
Search the eclipse.org site or look at eclipse.org/windowbuilder
icon6.gif  Re: Does Eclipse come with a GUI builder? [message #1715647 is a reply to message #1715598] Wed, 25 November 2015 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Vallery is currently offline Scott ValleryFriend
It took me a while to figure out how to import/add new software through the help, and what web page I needed to... but I was able to add Window Builder.

Thanks for the help!
Re: Does Eclipse come with a GUI builder? [message #1724208 is a reply to message #1715347] Mon, 22 February 2016 10:05 Go to previous message
Edward Santiago is currently offline Edward SantiagoFriend
>Eclipse is very big and popular.
If you want popular there is VEP for Eclipse. If you want the easiest way to build Swing GUIs there is Matisse which is included in a NetBeans download. Matisse is open source and has been ported to Eclipse but MyEclipse charge for it,
Previous Topic:Displaying projects from workspace in and wizard
Next Topic:How to compile to a remote server?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:09:07 GMT 2024