Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Out of memory Xtext RC1 (IDEA)(Testinfg of Play with IDEA and XTEXT)
Out of memory Xtext RC1 (IDEA) [message #1715258] Fri, 20 November 2015 15:39 Go to next message
Alex Gor is currently offline Alex GorFriend
Hello All

I've installed latest available plugin to IDEA from repositories
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/idea/2.9.0.rc1/updatePlugins.xml

Steps
1. Create simplest DSL project (Hello world) in IDEA
2. run mvn clean package in command line

I observed out of memory exception while maven builds the output artifacts.
Seems to me reproducing of problem is unstable
Also in case I try to build the simplest project by IDEA I observed a lot of compilation problem due to project had wrong configuration by default.

Does this problem of release candidate?

I use IDEA 15.0.1
java 1.6

[Updated on: Fri, 20 November 2015 15:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Out of memory Xtext RC1 (IDEA) [message #1715293 is a reply to message #1715258] Sat, 21 November 2015 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Oehme is currently offline Stefan OehmeFriend

Java 6 is way too memory constrained out of the box. You can use the MAVEN_OPTS environment variable to set more generous memory settings.

I have: -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

The build errors you are seeing happen because you need to start the Gradle build at least once so it will download the IntelliJ version you compile against. After that you can hit the refresh button in the Gradle view and your dependencies will be there. If you work with IntelliJ, I would highly recommend going with Gradle all the way.
Re: Out of memory Xtext RC1 (IDEA) [message #1715382 is a reply to message #1715293] Mon, 23 November 2015 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Gor is currently offline Alex GorFriend
Thank you Stephan

I've create new "Hello World" project with Gradle as build tool. And try to build. I observed compile time error. I looked in generated source code and found out that part of packages is not available. For example
====
18:43:24.527 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.xtend.core.compiler.batch.XtendBatchCompiler] 2. ERROR in C:\Users\agorlov\Documents\workspaces\ide-mydsl\ide-mydsl.parent\ide-mydsl.idea\src\main\xtext-gen\org\xtext\example\mydsl\idea\AbstractMyDslIdeaModule.java
18:43:24.527 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.xtend.core.compiler.batch.XtendBatchCompiler] (at line Cool
import com.intellij.facet.FacetTypeId;
====

Seems to be a library is not reachable. I looked into gradle's cache and found required modules. Seems to me something wrong in gradle build configuration.

Can anybody help me in this case?

Thanks
Alex

Re: Out of memory Xtext RC1 (IDEA) [message #1715855 is a reply to message #1715382] Thu, 26 November 2015 16:28 Go to previous message
Stefan Oehme is currently offline Stefan OehmeFriend

Hey Alex,

my only guess is that the download of the idea SDK was interrupted. Try deleting <userHome>/.gradle/ideaSDK.

I made a note that we need to improve the logic of our Gradle plugin so it detects corrupted SDK downloads.

Cheers,
Stefan
Previous Topic:I want to use my created language in PHPStorm.
Next Topic:Xtext Grammar generates extera white space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:36:45 GMT 2024