Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Eclipse-plugin unavailable
Eclipse-plugin unavailable [message #1715052] Wed, 18 November 2015 19:33 Go to next message
michel Tombi is currently offline michel TombiFriend
Hello everyone,

I have installed eclipse & tycho and I have also cloned&built OM2M as explained in the wiki here .

I created a new plugin as explained in the OM2M developer wiki.

But when i try to convert the plugin into a meven projet as explained here in the wiki I don't have the eclipse-plugin packaging in the POM editor as shown in this picture.

I tried to type it into the box but i get errors as soon as I try to build.
I tried to add the plugin in the main .pom but it does not work either.

I am an experienced developer but new to maven projects and i am totally lost, what I found online brought me no help.

Anyone has an idea ?
Thanks.
Re: Eclipse-plugin unavailable [message #1715429 is a reply to message #1715052] Mon, 23 November 2015 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois AissaouiFriend
Hi Michel,

The "eclipse-plugin" packaging is not available in the standard set of maven packaging. It is provided by the Maven plugin Tycho made for handling OSGi plugins compilation and creation of sites (project that gather a set of plugins for a specific configuration).

At the state where you have to enter the packaging, the IDE can not give you the right choice as it does not know that we are going to use Tycho. You have to type it manually and you will have an error at that time. But you just have to make the link to the parent project in the next step to solve this error. In fact, the parent project imports the Tycho plugin.

Hope this can help,
François
Re: Eclipse-plugin unavailable [message #1715552 is a reply to message #1715429] Tue, 24 November 2015 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjin Saric is currently offline Sanjin SaricFriend
François gave you the right answer.

Manually write the eclipse-plugin, add the parent (just the like in the tutorial) and then do Maven->Update Project (select all and the error should disappear)
Re: Eclipse-plugin unavailable [message #1717812 is a reply to message #1715552] Wed, 16 December 2015 23:07 Go to previous message
Mahdi Ben Alaya is currently offline Mahdi Ben AlayaFriend
Hello,

Thank you Sanjin for the clarification.
Michel, please let us now if you still having issue building OM2M.

Mahdi
Previous Topic:"Accept" field for subscriptions
Next Topic:How to replicate the GSCL application data on the NSCL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:25:54 GMT 2024