Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » imports cannot be resolved(plugin from Helios -> Mars)
imports cannot be resolved [message #1714736] Mon, 16 November 2015 10:05 Go to next message
Kitesurfer () is currently offline Kitesurfer ()Friend
Hello,
I need to get a plugin up and running under Mars (plugin was build under Helios).
When I import the plugin project into Mars I get loads of errors on the import statements of org.eclipse stuff (org.eclipse.swt.SWT , org.eclipse.jface , org.eclipse.ui.ide etc. etc. ).

The error messages is "The import org.eclipse.SWT cannot be resolved".

Ant ideas how to fix this ?
Re: imports cannot be resolved [message #1714818 is a reply to message #1714736] Tue, 17 November 2015 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Are all of those present in your Target Platform (check using the preference page)? Does the MANIFEST.MF reference still-valid versions, if it specifies them? What have you tried so far?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: imports cannot be resolved [message #1714842 is a reply to message #1714818] Tue, 17 November 2015 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Are all of those present in your Target Platform (check using the preference page)?"

Yes, I checked it. There is one target platform "Running platform (active)" ... under tab "Content" ... all the org.eclipse.xxxx stuff is there and checkbox is on.

"Does the MANIFEST.MF reference still-valid versions, if it specifies them?"

I don't know what you exactly mean ... but I checked the plugin.xml in the project and it doesn't specify them.
There is no MANIFEST.MF file in my workspace, within the Mars installation folder there are 207.

"What have you tried so far?"

Looking to the errors, and looking in the project components, to see if I see something that could be related to the problem.
I googled to see if I could find something.

PS. By the way, the plugin was developed in Juno instead of Helios.
Re: imports cannot be resolved [message #1714968 is a reply to message #1714842] Wed, 18 November 2015 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Right-click on the plugin.xml file, in Juno if necessary, and see if the Plug-in Tools menu offers to convert the plugin.xml into a plugin.xml and MANIFEST.MF duo. Any remotely modern plug-in has a MANIFEST.MF file for stating its dependencies.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: imports cannot be resolved [message #1715397 is a reply to message #1714968] Mon, 23 November 2015 09:53 Go to previous message
I tried another strategy, start with Eclipse Juno and work my way up through the next Eclipse versions.

I imported the plugin in Eclipse Kepler (4.3). No errors came up, and the plugin works when I run it as an "Eclipse Application".
I did however see a warning "For this plugin to be able to run in future releases, you must create an OSGi bundle manifest".
Via this warning I could click a link to do this. A MANIFEST.MF is added ... where immidiately an error occurs on the statement "Bundle-Localization: plugin" : "no valid properties files exist in the localization directory specified MANIFEST.MF".
When I remove the "Bundle-Localization" line no further errors occur ... and the plugin works.

In Eclipse Luna, I imported the Kepler plugin project ... the plugin works.

In Eclipse Mars, I imported the Luna plugin project ... the plugin works.

So, problem solved.
Previous Topic:Derby / Eclipse Mars
Next Topic:Two Eclipses on OSX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:50:34 GMT 2024