Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Binding Development
Binding Development [message #1714614] Fri, 13 November 2015 21:30 Go to next message
Michael Tetteh is currently offline Michael TettehFriend
I am developing a smart adapter which has the following functions.

1. Switching on or off of the adapter remotely
  2. To retrieve some data from the device

Unfortunately I haven't being able to do much. I have going the documentation of the framework in general and the binding development. I have being looking at the implementation of the Wemo binding and the Yahooweather binding. I am quiet new and I really need help as it is my project work and need to get it done.

Challenges

1. How do I build the physical device (thing) to work with the binding. The device will be built with an arduino and the communication will be via wireless
  2. Looking at the Wmo binding, they were using SOAP and had some xml files they were reading from in the handler. I intend to use JSON.

Please if someone can help me, I will be very grateful.
Re: Binding Development [message #1714916 is a reply to message #1714614] Tue, 17 November 2015 16:34 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Your challenges sound as if they are related on how to build your devices. This is nothing that Eclipse SmartHome answers. Our assumption is that you have a device that provides certain ways to access it and you then simply implement a binding with java code that is specifically tailored to your device - where only you can tell, how this code has to look like.
Previous Topic:Binding development based on Mqtt
Next Topic:ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:10:45 GMT 2024