Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7
Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7 [message #1714543] Fri, 13 November 2015 13:29 Go to next message
Paul Ramsden is currently offline Paul RamsdenFriend
We are in the process of migrating an RCP project from Kepler to Mars. The application uses BIRT and there seems to be a problem caused by requirements on different versions of org.apache.batik.*.

In the run configuration, when I click on Add required plugins the batik.* 1.7 gets selected. When I try to run there are Missing Constraint errors on the Batik components.

If I go back to the run configuration and manually select the batik 1.6 plugins the application runs ok.

Going on to the product configuration: there is no possibility to select multiple versions. When I try to run the product I get piles of Unresolved bundle errors in the log and the application does not start.

I have found a number of similar reports but none of them have helped me find a solution.

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1067734/

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1070174/

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?
Re: Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7 [message #1714549 is a reply to message #1714543] Fri, 13 November 2015 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
My suggestion: use a feature-based product definition rather than plugin-based product definition.

Brian.
Re: Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7 [message #1714703 is a reply to message #1714549] Mon, 16 November 2015 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Ramsden is currently offline Paul RamsdenFriend
Brian,

thanks for the idea. I've tried to make the product feature-based but get very similar results.

- packed all my plugins in a feature
- switched the .product to feature-based
- added org.eclipse.rcp, birt, platform and my-feature
- click Add required...
- run product

Get exactly the same errors regarding batik as before Sad

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: com.company.atf.protocolgen [13]
  Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: com.company.atf.model.ui
    -> Bundle-SymbolicName: com.company.atf.model.ui; bundle-version="2.1.0.qualifier"; singleton:="true"
       com.company.atf.model.ui [134]
         Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: com.company.atf.report
           -> Bundle-SymbolicName: com.company.atf.report; bundle-version="2.1.0.qualifier"; singleton:="true"
              com.company.atf.report [77]
                Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine
                  -> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine; bundle-version="4.5.0.v201506092134"; singleton:="true"
                     org.eclipse.birt.report.engine [68]
                       Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.apache.batik.transcoder
                         -> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.batik.transcoder; bundle-version="1.6.0.v201011041432"
                            org.apache.batik.transcoder [186]
                              Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.apache.batik.bridge; bundle-version="[1.6.0,1.7.0)"
                                -> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.batik.bridge; bundle-version="1.6.0.v201011041432"
                                   org.apache.batik.bridge [183]
                                     Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.apache.batik.css; bundle-version="[1.6.0,1.7.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Paul

[Updated on: Mon, 16 November 2015 09:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7 [message #1714778 is a reply to message #1714703] Mon, 16 November 2015 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm sorry, I missed that this is from the Run/Debug launching dialog -- I thought you were hitting this when doing a build.

The .product files do support specifying multiple versions of a bundle, but it's not supported in the Product Configuration editor (bug 293048).

You'll need to open a bug against PDE/UI to request that the 'Add Required' support multiple versions of a bundle.

Brian.
Re: Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7 [message #1736214 is a reply to message #1714778] Mon, 27 June 2016 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Benoit is currently offline Frank BenoitFriend
There is a bug for this:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=468757
Re: Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7 [message #1748666 is a reply to message #1714543] Sat, 26 November 2016 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chahine Hamila is currently offline Chahine HamilaFriend
Hi,

I've written a patch for this (attached) - currently tested by a team of developers and seems fine so far.

The patch has been developed for Neon 4.6.1, but I'm willing to merge with the master branch so that this is solved for good. The product editor doesn't support multiple versions through this patch, but multiple versions of the plugin selected in "Run Configurations" are at least taken into account.

I understand that in order to commit, I need another committer to sponsor me?
Re: Problems running an RCP product which appears to have dependencies on batik.css 1.6 and 1.7 [message #1748736 is a reply to message #1748666] Mon, 28 November 2016 07:28 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

you don't need a "sponsor". You need to contribute via Gerrit so a committer can review your patch. Only committers are allowed to commit. But everyone can contribute.

This is the official guide that explains the contribution process:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute

There is also a free ebook by Lars Vogel that explains the details:
http://www.vogella.com/books/eclipsecontribution.html
Previous Topic:Slow reaction of Eclipse Editors on a Windows VM
Next Topic:Using EventBroker in composites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:28:10 GMT 2024