Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items(Problems instantiating module org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items: java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.eclipse.xtext.util.XtextSwitch"'s)
ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items [message #1714236] Tue, 10 November 2015 22:58 Go to next message
Harrison Ssamanya is currently offline Harrison SsamanyaFriend
Hello Guys,
I must say, that I am very unhappy with the work done at eclipse smarthome framework. I am new to this area, and I had a lot will to learn something here, but the framework does not allow me make progress.

Just the installation (building) is accompanied by a lot errors, even before i could create my own.

Errors like below leave me in a suspense really:

ERROR Mwe2Launcher - Problems instantiating module org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items: java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.eclipse.xtext.util.XtextSwitch"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problems instantiating module org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items: java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.eclipse.xtext.util.XtextSwitch"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:95)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:52)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.run(Mwe2Launcher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main(Mwe2Launcher.java:35)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:297)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Re: ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items [message #1714238 is a reply to message #1714236] Tue, 10 November 2015 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Well, this bug is listed here already: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=477973
Note that this is not about Eclipse SmartHome, it is a problem in a dependent project.
Same with your other problems. They seem to be due to your local setup with Maven, Java and Eclipse in some unnormal environment. The Eclipse SmartHome build and IDE runs smoothly for many others and there isn't anything general wrong with it.
If you do not appreciate that we are trying to help you on your personal environment problems, this is important for us to know, because we won't then have to dedicate our precious time either.
Re: ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items [message #1714375 is a reply to message #1714238] Thu, 12 November 2015 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FTR, this problem should now be worked around by https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/511.
Re: ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items [message #1714647 is a reply to message #1714375] Sat, 14 November 2015 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harrison Ssamanya is currently offline Harrison SsamanyaFriend
Hello Kai,
That solution has done the trick.
Thanks for your help. Am sorry if I sounded unfriendly, I think I was just peaced off, after a long time of trying to fix the issues.
Thanks again.
Re: ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items [message #1714890 is a reply to message #1714647] Tue, 17 November 2015 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moe Gad is currently offline Moe GadFriend
How did you manage to solve this issue Harrison?
Re: ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items [message #1714891 is a reply to message #1714647] Tue, 17 November 2015 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moe Gad is currently offline Moe GadFriend
How did you manage this issue Harrison, I still fill lost
Re: ERROR Mwe2Launcher: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.Items [message #1714917 is a reply to message #1714891] Tue, 17 November 2015 16:36 Go to previous message
Moe, simply pull the latest master and this error should not appear anymore.
Previous Topic:Binding Development
Next Topic:Using COAP for Communication with the item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:38:57 GMT 2024