Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Variables in debugging mode are 'not available'(All variables are 'not available' in debugging mode using Nsight Eclipse Edition and cuda-gdb)
Variables in debugging mode are 'not available' [message #1714202] Tue, 10 November 2015 17:27 Go to next message
Martin Meike is currently offline Martin MeikeFriend
I installed Nsight Eclipse Edition 7.5 and CUDA 7.5 on my Ubuntu 15.04 system. Compiling C++ and CUDA code works fine, but when I try to debug my code all variables are shown as 'not available' in both host code and device code. Also I get a detailed error message when trying to access the variables individually: 'Error: Multiple errors reported. \Failed to execute MI command:-var-create-* N Error message from debugger back end: Cannot instantiate printer for default visualizer\'.
The code is compiled in debug mode and I use the cuda-gdb debugger. Any ideas why all variables are 'not available'?

Thanks
Re: Variables in debugging mode are 'not available' [message #1714237 is a reply to message #1714202] Tue, 10 November 2015 23:01 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Have you tried running the debugger from the command line then tried to view some variables? If that doesn't work then the issue is either with the compiler or the debugger itself. I've never used CUDA so can't be much help. Maybe someone here can though.

Are you aware of the Nsight, Eclipse Edition forum? You may get better help there.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/83/nsight-eclipse-edition/
Previous Topic:Adjust indentation does not work in CDT 8.8.0
Next Topic:Clang - Run as "Local C++ application"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:35:23 GMT 2024