Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » CTRL+K not working after closing of Welcome Intro(Using intro mechanism in RCP IDE similar to QtCreators Welcome)
CTRL+K not working after closing of Welcome Intro [message #1714179] Tue, 10 November 2015 14:08
Markus Weiss is currently offline Markus WeissFriend
Hi,

I apologize if this is not the right forum for this kind of question. In this case please point me to the correct one.

I'm developing an IDE RCP and using the intro mechanism to show a welcome screen similar to how QT Creator does it. I.e. the welcome screen shows up at every start of the RCP except when workspaces are switched. Besides a lot other things it allows switching and creating new workspaces.

This way it is very likely a source code editor tab is open and active after the intro is closed. But inside this editor tab showing let's say a.java some key bindings like CTRL+K are not working. After selecting another editor tab showing let's say b.java CTRL+K works. Switching back to the first one showing a.java it does not work. Closing and reopening a.java and CTRL+K works.

I can reproduce the same behaviour with standard luna and mars eclipse on 32bit windows edition:
- unpack and start eclipse
- close welcome intro
- create java project
- create two classes a and b to have two files a.java, b.java
- open both files and try CTRL+K in both editor tabs
- open the welcome intro via help menu
- exit eclipse
- restart eclipse welcome intro should be visible because it was visible when exiting
- close welcome intro
- try to use CTRL-K key binding in the active editor tab

Is this behaviour intentional for some reason? Does anybody know of an easy way to fix this? Is this an eclipse bug? Should a bug be filed?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Markus
Previous Topic:Sleak: Device is not tracking resource allocation
Next Topic:How to easily upgrade an application model (Removing obsolete elements) ?!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:50:59 GMT 2024