Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to merge two *.uml models in Papyrus?
How to merge two *.uml models in Papyrus? [message #1713920] Sun, 08 November 2015 12:43 Go to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Messages: 128
Registered: July 2015
Senior Member
I would like to combine 2 uml files into one; or at least import all Packages from one model into the other. Trying all manners of import the nest I could do was open both models on a single project and drag packages from one model into the other; all classifier names were italicized to show they were not native to the target packages. How can I have a true merge of 2 models into one (without manually drag/drop and all classifiers shown as native)? Thanks for any suggestion!
Re: How to merge two *.uml models in Papyrus? [message #1713931 is a reply to message #1713920] Sun, 08 November 2015 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 6770
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

If you open one *.uml with the UML Model Editor, you can

either Load Resource for the other *.uml and DND within the one tree
editor,

or open the other *.uml with the UML Model Editor and DND between tree
editors.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 08/11/2015 12:43, Ri Fr wrote:
> I would like to combine 2 uml files into one; or at least import all
> Packages from one model into the other. Trying all manners of import
> the nest I could do was open both models on a single project and drag
> packages from one model into the other; all classifier names were
> italicized to show they were not native to the target packages. How
> can I have a true merge of 2 models into one (without manually
> drag/drop and all classifiers shown as native)? Thanks for any
> suggestion!
Re: How to merge two *.uml models in Papyrus? [message #1713970 is a reply to message #1713931] Mon, 09 November 2015 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,
If you are using Papyrus, why don't you just import the model bu using
Papyrus menu?
(right-click the root of your model in the Model Explorer, select
Import->Import Package From User Model. Finally select the model you
want to import).

Best,

Víctor

El 08/11/2015 a las 18:34, Ed Willink escribió:
> Hi
>
> If you open one *.uml with the UML Model Editor, you can
>
> either Load Resource for the other *.uml and DND within the one tree
> editor,
>
> or open the other *.uml with the UML Model Editor and DND between tree
> editors.
>
> Regards
>
> Ed Willink
>
> On 08/11/2015 12:43, Ri Fr wrote:
>> I would like to combine 2 uml files into one; or at least import all
>> Packages from one model into the other. Trying all manners of import
>> the nest I could do was open both models on a single project and drag
>> packages from one model into the other; all classifier names were
>> italicized to show they were not native to the target packages. How
>> can I have a true merge of 2 models into one (without manually
>> drag/drop and all classifiers shown as native)? Thanks for any
>> suggestion!
>
Re: How to merge two *.uml models in Papyrus? [message #1714042 is a reply to message #1713970] Mon, 09 November 2015 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Messages: 128
Registered: July 2015
Senior Member
Thank you very much, Import User package from Root Menu context menu works! But the importer Classifiers are still in italic in Model explorer... does it mean anything? otherwise I'm OK with your suggestion, thansk
Re: How to merge two *.uml models in Papyrus? [message #1714045 is a reply to message #1714042] Mon, 09 November 2015 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend
Messages: 1206
Registered: July 2009
Location: Canada
Senior Member

Hi,

The greyed-out italic labels indicate read-only elements: they are not
editable in this editor without explicit action to make them writable,
to prevent accidental modification of resources referenced by but not
"owned by" the model that the user intends to be editing.

The Import User Package dialog does also have an option to copy the
selected package(s) into the "importing" model, but I have never used
it.

HTH,

Christian


On 2015-11-09 14:09:28 +0000, Ri Fr said:

> Thank you very much, Import User package from Root Menu context menu
> works! But the importer Classifiers are still in italic in Model
> explorer... does it mean anything? otherwise I'm OK with your
> suggestion, thansk
Re: How to merge two *.uml models in Papyrus? [message #1714116 is a reply to message #1714045] Tue, 10 November 2015 01:24 Go to previous message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Messages: 128
Registered: July 2015
Senior Member
THANKS!! Clearer now.
Previous Topic:How to generate source file for PrimitiveTypes in C++?
Next Topic:What is the best strategy to add a Tagged Value for "Definition" to Classifiers?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 09 09:17:16 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01981 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top