Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Native dialog interactions(Clarify Jubula can not interact with native dialogs.)
Native dialog interactions [message #1713597] Thu, 05 November 2015 12:24 Go to next message
Dermot Griffin is currently offline Dermot GriffinFriend
Hello,
I'm using Jubula 8.1.0 (x64). My RCP AUT on Windows uses a native file browser to locate project files my AUT is capable of interacting with.

I am not able to record/observe or map my interactions with the native dialog.

Can you clarify that Jubula can not directly interact with the native file browser dialog? I'm not finding any info specifically saying Jubula can/can't interact with the native dialog.

Regards,

Note the topic entry Native dialog (file chooser) does not answer my question.
Re: Native dialog interactions [message #1713637 is a reply to message #1713597] Thu, 05 November 2015 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a goettl is currently offline a goettlFriend
As I understand it, the native browser doesn't have the extensions to support Jubula. I was able to work around this on a Redhat platform by using the modules for "Input via Keyboard". My sequence was:
1) ub_app_copyTextToClipboard to get my path using an environment variable (e.g. $MYPATH).
2) ub_app_pressAnyKeyCombination_CTRL with L as the BASE_KEY in order to open the "Location" text field and get selection of that text field.
3) ub_app_pressAnyKeyCombination_CTRL with V as the BASE_KEY to paste the path.
4) ub_app_pressAnyKey_ENTER was needed as a workaround because an auto-complete dropdown menu would open and interfere with my next hotkey command.
5) ub_app_pressAnyKeyCombination_ALT with O for a BASE_KEY in order to open the desired file location.

So far I have always been able to manipulate native file choosers, but it has not always been easy.

Hope that this helps you. Smile
Re: Native dialog interactions [message #1713734 is a reply to message #1713637] Fri, 06 November 2015 09:43 Go to previous message
Dermot Griffin is currently offline Dermot GriffinFriend
Your reply is big help, thanks for the detailed response.
Smile
Previous Topic:How to selectValueFromColumn for Image
Next Topic:Imported through Dbtool but when I open it in Jubula ITE ,imported project is not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:28:40 GMT 2024