Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula doesn't recognize JavaFX Tree after initial mapping.
Jubula doesn't recognize JavaFX Tree after initial mapping. [message #1713508] Wed, 04 November 2015 17:00 Go to next message
Markus Klaus is currently offline Markus KlausFriend
Hello everybody,

We currently upgraded to Jubula 8.2 since some Components aren't recognized by the 8.1 Version. But we ran into one Problem. While mapping our JavaFX Tree Table View is recognized as such, but as soon you save the Object Mapping and try to run the test you get an Component not found error. A click on Highlight in AUT will result in an Component not found error aswell and mapping the tree again will add a new technical name.
The thing is, it used to work in Jubula 8.1. The configuration and AUT for both versions are the same. Is this a known bug in 8.2 or did I just forgot something?

Thanks in advance
Markus
Re: Jubula doesn't recognize JavaFX Tree after initial mapping. [message #1713703 is a reply to message #1713508] Fri, 06 November 2015 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Markus,

Thanks for the information! Can you send an example project containing two such mappings (the first time you map it, and then the second time, for example?). I'd like to have a look at the technical names.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula doesn't recognize JavaFX Tree after initial mapping. [message #1716837 is a reply to message #1713508] Tue, 08 December 2015 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

sorry for the late response, I found a semi working workaround and completely forgot about this.
Anyway, as I'm not a developer I can't give you an example project. But I'll try to explain as detailed as I can what I found out.
The object is mapped as two different technical names. One name equals the ID of the component, the other is named by the type of the component ((JavaFX) Tree Table View). Which tree can be found by Jubula seems to be completely random and changes with each program start. ( I want to clarify that this wasn't the case with Jubula 8.1).
My workaround was to check if one tree exists and if it does, the test continues with a new Testcase with this Tree given as Component name. Otherwise the new test case functions as event handler with the other tree.
The downside of this workaround is the fact, that the test will be marked as failed even if it works ( more or less) as planned and a retry reentry would be nonsense.

Best regards,
Markus
Re: Jubula doesn't recognize JavaFX Tree after initial mapping. [message #1716956 is a reply to message #1716837] Wed, 09 December 2015 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Markus,

Thanks for the information. Can you post a picture of the object mapping properties view for both components (i..e when it is one and when it is the other?). We'll take a look to see if we can see the difference.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula doesn't recognize JavaFX Tree after initial mapping. [message #1716981 is a reply to message #1716956] Wed, 09 December 2015 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I had to censor Application name etc., but the only difference aside the technical Name seems to be com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.TabPaneSkin$TabContentRegion

The current working one is the first one (Tree Table View)
index.php/fa/24231/0/
index.php/fa/24232/0/

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Markus
Re: Jubula doesn't recognize JavaFX Tree after initial mapping. [message #1717126 is a reply to message #1716981] Thu, 10 December 2015 07:34 Go to previous message
Thanks for the images. If I'm understanding correctly, the second one is not working, but it should be - since the component is named using the setID() method in JavaFX.

We can do a couple of things -
- can you ask a developer whether there's a reason that the name is perhaps not initialised when the application is started / when the tree is loaded? Perhaps someone on your side can find out that the ID is not always set...
- I'll also forward this on to our team (it might take a couple of days, the flu's going round at the moment), and see if anyone has any ideas.

Keep me posted!
Alex
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] AutServerLauncher Memory Leak
Next Topic:can not run test with remote aut agent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:34:43 GMT 2024