Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Validation in Diagram extension not working?
Validation in Diagram extension not working? [message #1713325] Tue, 03 November 2015 11:09 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I tried to create to vsp's, one containing a diagram extension of the other. Both of them contain validations but somehow the validations in the extension don't work.

Did I make a mistake or did I trigger a bug?

I created a small example (attached). MasterProject contains the extended viewpoint and ChildProject contains the extension. The ExampleProject contains a representation of an ecore model that I use to validate.

The validation in Master attemps to ensure that names are not longer then 4 characters. The validation in Child ensures that names are at least 3 characters. (So only classes with names of three characters long are acceptable).

When I validate the diagram, it seems that only the validation in the MasterViewpoint are executed.

Any ideas?

Greetings,
Wilbert.

PS: I performed the example in a Luna based eclipse environment with Sirius updated to 3.1

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2015 11:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validation in Diagram extension not working? [message #1713449 is a reply to message #1713325] Wed, 04 November 2015 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban Dugueperoux is currently offline Esteban DugueperouxFriend
Hi Wilbert,

I can't open your attachement, it seems invalid. Could you raise a
bugzilla and your reproduction case in attachement.

Best Regards.

Le 03/11/2015 12:09, Wilbert Alberts a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I tried to create to vsp's, one containing a diagram extension of the other. Both of them contain validations but somehow the validations in the extension don't work.
>
> Did I make a mistake or did I trigger a bug?
>
> I created a small example (attached). MasterProject contains the extended viewpoint and ChildProject contains the extension. The ExampleProject contains a representation of an ecore model that I use to validate.
>
> The validation in Master attemps to ensure that names are not longer then 4 characters. The validation in Child ensures that names are at least 3 characters. (So only classes with names of three characters long are acceptable).
>
> When I validate the diagram, it seems that only the validation in the MasterViewpoint are executed.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Greetings,
> Wilbert.
>
>

--
Esteban Dugueperoux - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Validation in Diagram extension not working? [message #1713451 is a reply to message #1713449] Wed, 04 November 2015 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Created bugreport: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=481386

Note that I was able to download the zip file and extract it. The same zipfile has been attached to the bug report. Please let me know if there is a problem extracting the three projects.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 November 2015 09:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Validation in Diagram extension not working? [message #1782828 is a reply to message #1713451] Fri, 02 March 2018 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yash Khatri is currently offline Yash KhatriFriend
Is there any update on this bug? I am facing the same problem even with Sirius 5.0.1
Re: Validation in Diagram extension not working? [message #1782862 is a reply to message #1782828] Fri, 02 March 2018 16:06 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
I've answered in the bugzilla: we'll try to have a look at it for 6.0, but it is not in our top priorities, so no guarantee it will be fixed (but it may be if the fix is simple enough).

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Maintaining Graphical layout of Elements in Model
Next Topic:Null Pointer Exception when a arid file is opened
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:30:48 GMT 2024